Doughnuts Under a Crescent Moon

Can someone change the author and artist name to Usui Shio so this manga can be found with the rest of their one-shots?
https://mangadex.cc/search?artist=Usui%20Shio

Dex-chan lover
Only one chapter is available as of the time I'm making this comment, but so far, this is fantastic. Great art and a very real-feeling story. It's very easy to emphasize with the protagonist because I think most of us have probably felt like she does at one point or another.

This struck a chord with me about the “not being able to fall in love” thing and I’ll be following it!

this is such a sweet story so far! I really emphasise with the mc a lot, i'll be looking forward to more!

Banned
I have a vague suspicion that at some point translator started using licentia poetica in regards to source material: middle of the second chapter is where relationships-related language became harsher, phrasing noticeably passive-aggressive, and the protagonist's personality went from depressed - neurotic to cryptically resentful towards men- and -society in general (weird case of vaguely articulated, but very subject specific grudges). Can happen, and as far as rl cases go quite often does, but since the format is only 30 pages, we're not that well acquainted with the characters yet, and the girl in question was portrayed before as mostly meek and self-hating person rather than any other kind, the shift in tone come seemingly out of nowhere.

Might as well be just the case of bad writing or early installment weirdness of course (it is the beginning after all), but nevertheless, it somehow leaves bad aftertaste.

Group Leader
Gives off a similar vibe to Bloom into You. Should be a good series!

Wow, I really like this series. It's kind of like the office worker/adult character version of YagaKimi. Looking forward to updates.

Dex-chan lover
So you telling me all this years and she never find out she is gei ? Like she never feel horny over a girl before her boss ?

Contributor
@Tcof When it comes to sexual attraction, it can be easy to push away / not acknowledge. It's very possible she felt like that before, likely even, but I'd say she either ignored it or didn't understand it. This is also fairly common when you feel like the possibility of being attracted to your own gender is a bad thing.

Of course, she's falling pretty hard for Satou. Being in love is much harder to ignore.

Contributor
Here's a link to the Animate store extra: https://yuri-project.net/crescent-moon-and-doughnuts-animate-extra/

I'm a bit hesitant to upload it here as I don't want to spam the chapter listing with even more side chapters than there already are, but the link is there for the interested nonetheless. It should also be up on Dynasty relatively soon.

- And here's a link to another twitter extra! https://yuri-project.net/crescent-moon-and-doughnuts-twitter-extra-03/

very high hopes for this manga, strongest first chapters I’ve seen in a while. here’s to hoping it becomes the next bloom into you for yuri

This is my current favorite josei yuri manga. It's such a pleasure to read a story about actual adult women, instead of the constant barrage of JK and chūgakusei characters that make up most manga, or at least most that end up translated.

Fed-Kun's army
Great manga, I have high expectations for this one. One of the very few I've seen that approaches depression and feeling of unworthiness in a somewhat realistic way.

Users who are viewing this thread