Duel!

Dex-chan lover
Read 4 chapters in and not a single likeable character so far. Author isn't doing themselves any favors with the amount of bitches being thrown around and a spineless punching-bag MC.
18 chapters in now, and I'm still trying to find someone I like.

Dex-chan lover
Seinen my arse. Almost everything in this plays the part of a shounen.
In essence, "fencing" is shown as a way of life, like a religion. These characters are absurdly over-zealous about fencing to the point they're the spitting image of a hyperactive boy who watched too many action anime. You also have absurd human beings who'd literally try to kill the MC, but thank god for super-fencing.

Subtlety is way out of the ballpark when it comes to this story, and the pacing is so slow, with so little to say, that it's really hard to understand what was even set to be achieved.

Yea gotta agree, its has the more hyperactive look.

Especially in ch. 1, why is Alice slashing and "cutting the air" around with an epee, makes zero sense at all. Even if someone wanted to argue that she was beating the blade, it completely nonsensical to have the blade go in a massive semicircle. Also if she was beautiful in that lunge, at least make it so her front leg made a pretty close 90 degree angle, like its obvious that that stance is very unstable and difficult to retreat on. Sure, maybe she is going to fleche right after, but given that she is doing a push-lunge (not actually sure what its called, this one involves pushing with the back leg instead of just kicking with the front) so it would be very diffifult to transition into a fleche.

Users who are viewing this thread