Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 14 Ch. 97 - Dungeon Meshi

Dex-chan lover
Man, this feels bittersweet. The ending could not have been any better, but I'm crying because it's ended. I look forward to seeing how the anime plays out, I have faith that Studio Trigger can do this story justice. I found DM when it only had 2 volumes at the time. Even then I've enjoyed keeping up with this journey. Man, just like Golden Kamuy, I didn't think the end of a series would hit me this hard, yet here we are. It's been a fun ride y'all.

Dex-chan lover
lol the curse....

now... ha... it was a nice ride... so sad it came to the end.

we could see she didn't reject the dragon part when she shared the food with it...

that's it...

Double-page supporter
This is SO GOOD. The character design, the lore, the story, everything aaah!!
I love the tiny details? The little dragon that also joined in eating the "body" (is it the dragon's soul?) Falin still ikinda having fangs.
And the ending sequence where it's made to look like medieval manuscripts.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The gang really earned their happy ending (and Laios earned that curse, the nasty little freak). Loved every single bite of this amazing manga and can't wait for the anime, or for the extra content, which better include a LOT of cute pics of the gang wearing casual modern fashion.

Dex-chan lover
I've been away from home for a while so I haven't gotten to eaten any satisfactory meals. Today though, I'm back for a short while, so I spent a good 30 minutes crafting a meal I had been craving for the past few weeks. I made it, and then sat down at my computer to find something to read while I eat, and what coincidence! To eat a meal I have desired for weeks while reading the last chapter of Dungeon Meshi is such a funny thing to happen.

I'm honestly surprised it had a happy ending, I too doubted that Laios most desired thing was for Falin to be resurrected, but at the same time I had doubts the resurrection would even work regardless. I'm happy to know she gets to continue on living and enjoy all the meals in the world with her brother. Although, I wonder if what the winged Lion said has a deeper meaning? Of if he just believes "being hungry" sucks (because if what Laios is going through is because of the demon, then being 40% full at all times would be hell).

Anyways, now I need to run to the nearest bookstore and buy all the volumes available before the anime comes out and people start buying it enmasse. I'M GONNA MISS YOU DUNGEON MESHI!!!! This was a meal well worth waiting for!!

Users who are viewing this thread