Dungeon Meshi - Vol. 7 Ch. 44 - Barometz

Fed-Kun's army
@Authn Apparently she didn't realize in the heat of the moment that the staff was left at the top of the passage where she slipped trying to get down. I suppose Chilchak was too preoccupied preparing his own weapons at the time.

@OgretailFood

I immediately looked it up at wikipedia, so I knew it was an embryo, but for manga purposes it was a vegetable/fruit. Kinda hard for me to make the connection between a balut and a tomato-thingy.

@Harry_Dong

Maybe they'll show us in the next chapter, what they did with the wolves.

Double-page supporter
More than balut, this reminded me of kutti pi (WARNING: DO NOT GOOGLE THIS)

@Harry_Dong
The catgirl had a broken arm, Marcille isn't too strong, both showed no interest in picking up that one wolf. Maybe the guys took it later, or the other wolves got to it.

Fed-Kun's army
@Sancrea Because that's totally not how you should deal with cats if you don't want them to piss in your boot. Anyone who wages war with a cat learns that the hard way. :)

Besides, Izutsumi is selfish and ill-mannered, but not mean-spirited. She considered what she did to be acceptable behavior, so punishing her for it would only confuse and antagonize her (cats work the same way, fwiw). The way diplomacy works, if you want to make an selfish person behave, you need to assert cooperation as the way of mutual benefit and demonstrate any other way to be unsustainable. I'd say the party members were reasonably good at it thus far (not surprising, considering what social skills it takes to survive in the dungeon), it's just that it always takes a bit of time for an adult person to change their ways even if they want to.

le3

Dex-chan lover
Man....we missed double spread of Laius dog imitation greatness.

That was nice! I feel like recently I've been learning the same life lessons that the cat girl is, it's cool to suddenly find it in this manga and reaffirm the lessons I learned in order to get my life together and attain my personal goals. This author is such a great storyteller.

Users who are viewing this thread