Emperor's Mark to Rule the Monsters: Reborn Sage to Strongest Adventurer - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
is roon actually gendered in the raws? do they use male pronouns or something?

Dex-chan lover
That mage is definitely the succubus girl at the beginning or something. Looks similar.

Dex-chan lover
Blonde, short haired, big boing, named Roon... Remind me of a certain yandere

@Crookshanks A Japanese author could write a whole book or manga without mentioning a “gendered pronoun,” and just looking at the translation, that seems to be the case. Obviously, that doesn't make sense in English and I guess calling the slime an “it” would've sounded a bit weird, too.

Dex-chan lover
totally, i would just personally expect a sexless creature to be either a they or an it, so i thought roon may have been using one of the more masculine pronouns in self-reference. just seemed like an odd choice to refer to a slime that immediately becomes a woman as "him".

Double-page supporter
The having exams to get a license to call yourself XXX class is actually a pretty cool way to get around various game like troupes

Dex-chan lover
And he'll end up breaking common sense; because he never bothered to learn it...

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the chapter!
Looks like Roon is the blond and Nor the brunette from page 2 of chapter 1. Just a guess but the princess is probably the blue girl with the tiara. Considering they're grouped together in a pic like that he's probably going to really surprise Nor with magic, and the princess is definitely going to want to find the person who saved her with a rare magic she recognized. Wonder when we'll meet the paladin(?) on the cover with him and Roon? Going to be a hoot to see him pass the aptitude test while shocking Nor. Be curious to find out why the goblins were speaking a thousand year old language although probably were taught by one of his companions from back then. Question is whether they're still alive or not and were holding more of a grudge for him being murdered back then hence the goblins attacking humans or influence is limited for some reason.

@deathmailrock It's not that he never learned common sense, it's that the common sense he learned is outdated by about 1000 years. That and he doesn't have anyone to learn the modern common sense from. After all, Roon doesn't have much either and she's been hiding in a cave with other slimes for centuries.

Dex-chan lover
@Mathiason He could try to figure it out. Like for instance, trying to see what others do.

If you notice that nobody in your village uses magic, you can learn that maybe they don't know about magic.

Hell, he could have asked his parents if people know magic (simple as that).

He could ask what is the normal standard for a test. See what people normally do.

He has eyes and ears and he is obviously not in a rush.

Fed-Kun's army
Thanks for the update, please continue translating this manga really love it. Thank you translators can't wait for the next update,

😀...the slime is a male but disguise as a female...😀
thx for the scanlation....

@Erogami
I think the blonde one might be the real one roon is mimicking. While roon has blue hair... Maybe, looking at the cover page.

Users who are viewing this thread