Empress of Another World

Orc

Can read all chapters here
Mod Edit: Aggregator link removed.

Contributor
Just finished all chapters.
It was a ok read, maybe a bit too long with the extra chapters (not really interesting).
Not one of the best korean comics, but still nice.

Honestly was expecting a little better with those ratings. The story is slow at first then rushes for the last 30 chapters. You can tell the artist had either just discovered 3d models or just couldn't be bothered anymore with the excessive use of them in scenes where it didn't make sense. There was one particular donut that was just lowered in opacity. There wasn't even an attempt to look like the child was holding it, it was just floating. Most of the clothes were textured with garish patterns that clashed with one another. The extra chapters didn't add anything meaningful.

It's refreshing to see manhwa/story where the MCs have cunning and selfish personalities. The story justified them because as they say, it's survival of the fittest. Oh and I might add, the art is just pure👌👌👌

Idk why but a lot of Korean manhwa portray a blond(e) with green eyes as villain(es). But here our MC even though he has quite horrible personality like a villain but he can be counted as a tragic hero or so I say.

Isn't it interesting watching or reading a manhwa with hero with villain personality as the MCs? Oh ho, I would love to watch/read more of that for sure!

Fed-Kun's army
Quite disappointing to be honest. Interesting setup I guess with the mc who seems not stupid and ready to do what have to be done to survive but
then around chapter 50 or 60 her main obstacle is dealt with in a way that make all her scheming from before seem useless imo and she changes in the basic mc from that kind of romance manhwa without all the part where she must scheme to keep her place which made that manhwa interesting to me in the first place.
I must say that even before what I mentioned it didn't deserved the 8.18 imho.

Was this story weird, nonsensical, and just all around not very good?
Yes.
Did the horses look like strange mutant dogs?
Yes.
Did I still read all 129 chapters?
Yes.

can anyone tell me if the comic purposefully skips around in time? i'm reading off batoto and it'll be half way through one scene and then jump to one that's completely unrelated. is that just the style of the comic, or did i find an incomplete version of the comic?

Eh, seemed ok at a first read but I reread this after a year or so and I found it pretty below average.
- average art (some of the beginning drawings looked very wonky?? and then near the end the 3D models just made me laugh)
- personally didn't like the style (the flowery background behind every panel)
- tends to skip from one scene to the next without transitions making it kind of confusing
- 0 to100 love interest (at least to me, one second he's neutral and then he's in love with her. Same with her tbh, she was pretty neutral and then suddenly turned really flustered towards him out of nowhere)
There's probably more but those were my main gripes.
The saving grace was the MC and her noticing her changing behaviour as time progresses (that's something not a lot of other stories tend to address imo) but she kinda gets over that so...
4/10 for me because of how much I did not enjoy reading it a second time round

Users who are viewing this thread