Eris no Seihai: Konyaku Haki Sareta Reijou ha, Kitai no Akujo Tasukerareta Daishou Toshite Fukushuu ni Tsuki Awasaremasu - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - Neil Bronso…

Dex-chan lover
I like this development from Constance. She's showing her own headstrong nature. Initially, it seemed like she would just be lead around by Scarlet, but now it's very much clear that she makes her own decisions independent, and even opposite hers. This final goodbye with Neil also further shows how she isn't as vindictive and spiteful as other nobles.

Although it also shows that Neil isn't so stupid as to think that the consequences of his mistake would disappear if he apologized, since he was willing to take the brunt of her anger for his family, it also shows that he didn't know her at all that he would accuse her of being behind his family's current issue. Then again, her showing at the party was probably still fresh on his mind and may have influenced his thoughts.

That part when Constance can't smile at her brother's words...

It's really sad because it shows she is starting to see the dark side of life. She knows just praying and believing and always being good sometimes won't be enough. She's becoming savvy and confronted with things that directly went against her beliefs. It was a nice show of character development

Dex-chan lover
i love the intrigue so much!

@GreenDragon
well she pretty much lost her innocense at that grand meryl-lane.

@Mizuhi
From what Scarlet said back in chapter 6, shes a blabber mouth gossiper, so they are going to her party to pump her for info on what happened to scarlet.

@Scrabbleman
yeah the dynamic between scarlet and constance is pretty great, scarlet is teaching her to be independant, while constance is temperring her rage.

Dex-chan lover
Neil enter a house, he greet another men.
Neil : Hello, this is asshole anomyn ?
Men : Yes I'm Tobias from Magic Artisan Dahliya and I will be your godfather, Welcome to the club Neil.

Dex-chan lover
Man, I love how Connie holds her ground even with Scarlett pushing her around. This is probably the best outcome for her. She is angry at her ex, but obviously know other innocent people get dragged as well. She is strong (even stronger than Scarlett.)
But I'm worried now that she cannot smile at his brother word, because she probably begins to go to dark side.
SHOWDOWN TIME!

Aggregator gang
Well, too bad you choose the Thoth over our pseudo-goddess here lol if that's even a thing, and the dress that our MC is wearing for the party is so cuuuute, why she didn't dress up like this earlier 😭😭

Dex-chan lover
Kate is a good girl.

The line of the three goddesses worries me. Now I'm wondering if there are 3-4 families controlling the whole continent.

Dex-chan lover
This is how I see it. Neil is a whimsical idiot who's ignorant of how things be and quick to resort to his own judgment. Which means, a bad merchant. Now, let's put him aside.

I like how Constance directly went against what Scarlet told her, it establishes the dynamic between the two. So far we've seen Scarlet on the dominant side with Constance being pushed around and following her instructions. This was good and all, but if this continued on, then Constance would be nothing but a puppet for her. Constance makes it clear that she is a character of her own, and Scarlet is just something akin to a mentor to her.

I agree with what @Scrabbleman and @zz2000 said, it's a good thing Constance didn't tread the blood knight route. After all, it's less about her and more about other characters. In Korean and (mainly) Chinese novels, "small-time" villains like Neil are stripped bare of any humanity left and humiliated to no end because that's what is just; let them understand not to mess with the MC. However, it only works if those characters are expendable, with no depth nor dimension like the MC.

However, that can't work in this series. When Constance decided to throw a saving boat, what she did is actually giving depth to Neil's character and, consequently, everyone connected to him. Ultimately, her action says that these characters are not some expendable cardboard-cut pions to satisfy the author's sadistic tendencies borne from excessive narcissism. They're people with lives, and their livelihood is under a threat. The boycott made an extreme loss for the Bronson firm (or whatever its name) and everyone who works there is suffering due to it. Neil's Grandpa, for sure, but also their shopkeepers, their suppliers, their employees, and those people's families. Constance reached out to them, telling us that they, indeed, exist.

I want to dissect Kate's role. She's clearly all-in to support her besties, but she doesn't want to be treated as a tool. It could mean that she'd give anything needed to the extent of her power as long as Constance told her beforehand.

What I find interesting is that Constance feels a stab on her heart when her brother said righteousness brings justice, as she had learned the true face of justice. There is no longer the pure, ignorant daughter of honesty. Only a girl, now a woman. This might lead to her eventually going overboard at some point, completely forgetting who she was, or who she supposed to be. Potentially speaking. This, I hope, will be balanced out with Scarlet who's obviously grown a soft spot for her. Perhaps, someday, their role would be reversed.

Aggregator gang
Its amazing how this series has made me expect carnage whenever theres a party involved. The next chapter is probably gonna be as hectic if not more than the previous one, and I'm damn excited for it.

Thanks for the translations~

The nobles went so over the top when dealing with the cheating girl omg.
You can really feel how cruel they can be!

Fed-Kun's army
Scarlett, despite her sharp words and actions, seems to genuinely care for Constance. She at least seems to be fond of Constance to a certain degree.

I wonder if there will be a male lead. I’m fine with the story not having one actually. I might even prefer it that way. Also, I wouldn’t trust any possible love interests introduced in the story.

I always have this constant feeling of anxiety that something bad will happen soon. Even the clever Scarlett and that clever friend of hers were killed, so the conspiracy must be huge. I just hope Constance can survive all of these without losing anything important.

Dex-chan lover
I liked how this chapter shows that Constance did have a spine when it comes to something she felt strongly. The way the mangaka draw Constance's mother gave me the vibe that she was not less like her daughter but more like Scarlet.

Dex-chan lover
>they let any hunter with a gun have a turn with it
>come next morning they say Pamela's hair turned as white as a crone's

That's a lot of man milk

Users who are viewing this thread