Fake Saint of the Year: You Wanted the Perfect Saint? Too Bad! - Ch. 24.2

Dex-chan lover
Okay.
But doesn't that leave the witch free to cause chaos everywhere?

Literally last chapter Elrise was talking about how the witch is hiding in fear of her.

It's not like they're going to capture and deport her to nowhere, clearly they just want her to stop with trying to kill the witch and just stay around as witch-repellant (hence the part about her life expectancy from the king)

Dex-chan lover
yes. The old everyone-has-a-nuke and now is just stalemate.

FWIW, if I have same intel as the king, I too would think that is a better choice. You don't wage big wars against each other, you probably would focused on civilization advancement.

Let say Elrise can actually live to 100, I am sure they could manage to create tools or magic to seal the witch instead of defeat her.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah, his logic makes sense, with the information he has, that is.

Unfortunately, due to the dark magic she absorbed, her lifespan isn't long, she isn't the Saint and even if she were, the witch will only make things worse if they let a Saint die of old age.
I mean, why and how do they think they will be able to capture someone who beat a demonic monster for breakfast?
While they themself are struggling in defeating one demon underling.

Dex-chan lover
They detained her as simply a witch detergent. Because as stated in previous chapter, If saint kill a witch they just become a new witch instead and Elrise being a super OP saint just makes people more fearful of her if she becomes the witch (in reality she isn't the real saint)
Elrise don't really mind this because she can just live a Hikkimori life with everything already provided to her...if not for her "Friends" who think she was detained without her consent. So they plotted a plan to free her while the "Prince" of the kingdom are plotting to "Assault" Elrise during her confinement

Double-page supporter
They detained her as simply a witch detergent. Because as stated in previous chapter, If saint kill a witch they just become a new witch instead and Elrise being a super OP saint just makes people more fearful of her if she becomes the witch (in reality she isn't the real saint)
Elrise don't really mind this because she can just live a Hikkimori life with everything already provided to her...if not for her "Friends" who think she was detained without her consent. So they plotted a plan to free her while the "Prince" of the kingdom are plotting to "Assault" Elrise during her confinement
I think you meant deterrent. Detergent would be... interesting

Dex-chan lover
Tbf the king's logic does make sense. Just a shame that Elrise isn't the real saint :aquadrink:

Dex-chan lover
Literally last chapter Elrise was talking about how the witch is hiding in fear of her.

It's not like they're going to capture and deport her to nowhere, clearly they just want her to stop with trying to kill the witch and just stay around as witch-repellant (hence the part about her life expectancy from the king)
Yeah but you actually can't. If you're locking up the Saint to stop her from trying to kill the witch that also means you can't let the Saint fight her because she'd use that chance to kill the witch, so the witch herself can just roam about. Like what are you gonna do, lock the Saint up close to the Academy but you can't let them fight, so the witch just goes elsewhere and starts chaos?

Dex-chan lover
Maybe with her being locked up, the witch route from the main game will reappear and there will be some developments?
I mean I don't think so because this manga clearly is not about that. I'm just trying to think about the king's logic because to me it doesn't make sense in any way. Like no, you're not getting peace by locking up Elrise, no matter what. You only cause trouble.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that's the point. She doesn't have to be once Elrise is locked up. She'll just go elsewhere and start doing witch things.
the witch is terrified of her existence and won't leave her hideout in-case she leaves a trail back to herself. she's not omniscient, her information of the outside world comes from the birds exchanged between her and the knights who were arrested. From Aiz's perspective they also don't have much of a choice either do this and wait till elrise dies of old age or have humanity end in the next cycle.

The Wn's also shown the kings take the whole saint/witch cycle incredibly seriously and Aiz is one of the more reasonable and benevolent ones. There was another king who had an entire saint's family executed for hiding her

Dex-chan lover
I mean I don't think so because this manga clearly is not about that. I'm just trying to think about the king's logic because to me it doesn't make sense in any way. Like no, you're not getting peace by locking up Elrise, no matter what. You only cause trouble.
Well, I can understand the King's logic. By sacrificing a saint, (in a way that she just become a witch repellent) the world will get peace by stalemate. The king and the council have this idea because Elrise managed to suppress the witch, which no saint had ever done. The king also didnt want Elrise to be the witch as she's too strong. They would rather have troubles by locking Elrise than letting her become an uncontrollable nuke.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah that's the point. She doesn't have to be once Elrise is locked up. She'll just go elsewhere and start doing witch things.
I think being locked up here is not being thrown into the dungeon or something, but more like a house arrest in a mansion, and only be permitted to go out if the witch is in rampage.
She's basically getting the ultimate last weapon treatment

Dex-chan lover
in my mind,
instead of the saint Become a witch because She kill the witch,

it more like after saint kill the witch people treat her like this that make the saint become witch

Dex-chan lover
Yeah but you actually can't. If you're locking up the Saint to stop her from trying to kill the witch that also means you can't let the Saint fight her because she'd use that chance to kill the witch, so the witch herself can just roam about. Like what are you gonna do, lock the Saint up close to the Academy but you can't let them fight, so the witch just goes elsewhere and starts chaos?

Do you have such short term memory that you've forgotten the witch's character that was mentioned in the last chapter?

EDIT: I'll take the fact you have no actual comment back that you do have the memory worse than goldfish.

Last edited:
I mean the witch is absolutely stuck. She can't move. Because if she does Elrise can and will break out and just go for the kill. It's like seeing a lion getting pampered behind a cage that's small enough that the lion can just jump out of it anytime.

Dex-chan lover
Oh, she's not instantly down with my hyperspecific plan? Too bad, guess it's violence time again.

Why are people (writers) like thia
the king probably expected her to reject him in the first place, and just asked her on the off chance she actually agrees. given what people think of her it’s hard for anyone to imagine her letting any amount of evil exist

Users who are viewing this thread