False Child - Vol. 2 Ch. 8 - The neighbor 2

Dex-chan lover
So Sacchan couldn't cry because she couldn't process that Yuzu was gone. But seeing Tanuki Yuzu playing around reminded her of how much she missed Yuzu, and now she can freely cry now. While Tanuki Yuzu isn't Yuzu, she's probably friendly enough to still be a good friend to Sacchan.

Man, the feelings in this chapter is so good. I really feel for Sacchan.

I guess Kouhei and Nana called Kinako because Yuzu went missing? I hope this doesn't mean something bad will happen.
I don't think it's as simple as being reminded of Yuzu, it was her realisation that she is growing up and her memory of Yuzu is frozen in time. The Yuzu she was being reminded of isn't how Yuzu would have been, had they grown up together. Sacchan realises that she is growing up alone, without Yuzu, while Yuzu will never grow up. She realises that despite having grown up together, she has grown apart from the Yuzu that exists in her memories; and there's nothing that can change that, no matter how much she wants to remain friends with that memory.

This manga has a way of dealing with grief without it ever being morbid, and I love it for that.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think it's as simple as being reminded of Yuzu, it was her realisation that she is growing up and her memory of Yuzu is frozen in time. The Yuzu she was being reminded of isn't how Yuzu would have been, had they grown up together. Sacchan realises that she is growing up alone, without Yuzu, while Yuzu will never grow up. She realises that despite having grown up together, she has grown apart from the Yuzu that exists in her memories; and there's nothing that can change that, no matter how much she wants to remain friends with that memory.

This manga has a way of dealing with grief without it ever being morbid, and I love it for that.
Oh, that's a very painful realization.

Group Leader
for those that don't understand, (my take on this chapter) is that sacchan didn't understand much about the situation with yuzu when she died which is why she didn't cry. then, when seeing tanuki yuzu, it reminded her that yuzu isn't here anymore, and that she's grown up without her, hence why she refers to yuzu instead of tanuki yuzu before the big crying panel

Dex-chan lover
if this got an anime adaptation, episode 1 is gonna go hard

Dex-chan lover
So I might have been right. It looks like she simply didn't understand what her friend dying meant. She didn't really grieve because she was too young to, but now she gets it and it's hitting her all at once.

Dex-chan lover
pedro-pascal-mandalorian.gif

Dex-chan lover
Im... not gonna cry.... Its still my working shift god damnit!!! :qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq::qq:

Dex-chan lover
Fuck this chapter in particular. My eyes are so warm right now.

Users who are viewing this thread