Feature Suggestion: Setting to Open Alerts in new window/tab instead of drop-down. [Xenforo feature]

Dex-chan lover
Whenever I get alerts, I instinctively left click, and the alerts open in a drop down menu. However, if I click a link in the menu, it directly takes me to whatever that item is notifying me about, and even if I open the alert drop down again, everything is now marked read, so I can't tell which ones are new, and which ones are old because I don't memorize when was the last time I was at the forum. This may not be a problem if I've got only one or two alerts, but sometimes, I get a number of alerts that stretch beyond the alert window page.

It'd be nice to get a setting for forum where the alert notification menu opens into a new window/tab so I don't lose track of what alerts are new, or, barring that, a way for the alerts to stay marked unread until either I've clicked them, or I've marked "Mark All Read".

Dex-chan lover
I agree with you. Sadly I don't think MD staff is responsible for coding the forums, so I'm not sure if they can change this...

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
This request should be directed at Xenforo, not us.

Users who are viewing this thread