forums.mangadex.org Missing Icons

Status
Not open for further replies.
Solution
welp. i found the issue. it was this thing.
i just added it for fun long ago and just now that i was testing something with a different firefox profile i noticed some icons not missing. then i tried some testing by removing the chrome folder. the name itself was pretty obvious that it could cause potential issues.

specifically these last few lines:
CSS:
/* Remove the comment to apply more strict version, causes even more trouble */

body input:not([value=""])[type] ~ *{
  background-image: none !important;
  border-image: none !important;
  font-family: inherit !important;
  list-style-image: none !important;
  cursor: unset !important;
  content: none !important;
}
body input:not([value=""])[type] ~ *::before,
body input:not([value=""])[type] ~ *::after{...
Dex-chan lover
The link you posted just send me to my current settings pages, and my sections just show a empty square or a checkmark in a selected box.
We have no way of knowing how your particular browser is displaying your pages without a actual screencap of what your screen shows on those pages so that will possibly be needed for the devs to help you more.

😅

Dex-chan lover
I actually had to ditch Firefox and Edge because a lot of the images and Twitter content posted here would not load right. I currently use Opera when browsing Mangadex and the forum without any trouble.

:wooow:

Fed-Kun's army
I actually had to ditch Firefox and Edge because a lot of the images and Twitter content posted here would not load right. I currently use Opera when browsing Mangadex and the forum without any trouble.

:wooow:
you mean troubles with the current forums or the old forums? anyways, i wont use any other browser other than firefox. i love my current custom firefox and i can't get that with chromium alternatives.

Dex-chan lover
Yeah it was the V5 forum. They appear to be related to Chromium vs Musk issues because it just turns some forum content into long streams of little bird url links. imo Edge was my favorite but the rendering issues drove me to Opera.
To avoid becoming too long winded I'll link my threads related to them here.
Perhaps the issues will be worked out on the browser developers' end SOONTM

Here is the thread of my issues with images, and Twitter feeds.

One of the threads that became the Bain of my existence because of FF and Edge embed fail issues.

But all Firefox did better was load the plunger emote without it displaying as a square

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I have no problems on Pale Moon with eMatrix blocking third party scripts.
Just putting this out there for the developers.
Pale moon went independent? If my memory serves me right I had Firefox with a pale moon plugin before it was nixed by new Firefox updates making it too much trouble for the creators to keep it viable.

Dex-chan lover
Has been so since forever.
In particular it has had nothing to do with Firefox for a decade or so, in terms of development.
I was missing it a lot when the updates made things too mucky to keep using it and Firefox.
Just installed the new version and it's as polished as Edge now, and all the embeds work great including the plunger emogi.
Thank you very much Gip-oh! :salute:

Fed-Kun's army
Yeah it was the V5 forum. They appear to be related to Chromium vs Musk issues because it just turns some forum content into long streams of little bird url links. imo Edge was my favorite but the rendering issues drove me to Opera.
To avoid becoming too long winded I'll link my threads related to them here.
Perhaps the issues will be worked out on the browser developers' end SOONTM

Here is the thread of my issues with images, and Twitter feeds.

One of the threads that became the Bain of my existence because of FF and Edge embed fail issues.

But all Firefox did better was load the plunger emote without it displaying as a square
its a browser thing in the end...

only the emoji hyperlink worked fine for me
the other two didn't

Fed-Kun's army
welp. i found the issue. it was this thing.
i just added it for fun long ago and just now that i was testing something with a different firefox profile i noticed some icons not missing. then i tried some testing by removing the chrome folder. the name itself was pretty obvious that it could cause potential issues.

specifically these last few lines:
CSS:
/* Remove the comment to apply more strict version, causes even more trouble */

body input:not([value=""])[type] ~ *{
  background-image: none !important;
  border-image: none !important;
  font-family: inherit !important;
  list-style-image: none !important;
  cursor: unset !important;
  content: none !important;
}
body input:not([value=""])[type] ~ *::before,