Fuguushoku "Kanteishi" ga Jitsu wa Saikyou Datta: Naraku de Kitaeta Saikyou no "Shingan" de Musou suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 4.2 - [Super Appraisal] (2)

Yooo Usain Bolt will go crazy if he learns that a lil boy can run faster than him just by reading abilities from people he killed.

Dex-chan lover
I HATE the whole taking enemies abilities. It should have stayed at knowing his enemies trajectory and attacking where they will be. Plus him defeating so many S-ranked monsters should have skyrocketed his level.

This is akin to that manga where the MC could only use healing magic and he turned back time by using a powerful healing magic

Chapter 1/2: "I've only got appraisal" Well, we all know that's bullshit because we've read an isekai before, but sure. Really hope they don't fuck this up by just making him a hyper-powered monster and completely ignoring the premise!

Chapter 3: "Appraisal became super appraisal!" And there's the massive powerup we were expecting. Still, it's actually a bit more restrained than I was afraid of, since it's still basically appraisal, just taken to a ridiculous level. Never seen the idea of appraising movement patterns before, and that's an interesting way of letting him survive while still keeping him at a power level that can face challenges (as long as holy stick doesn't one shot everything). Could definitely be worse, I suppose.

Chapter 4: "Appraisal can steal the skills of anything you look at!" Fuck. Fuck, fuck, fuck. Why. Why does every isekai writer have to be this much of a hack? I can name a dozen different isekai where they have 'steal the enemies powers' stuff off the top of my head and at least those had the decency to make those the main premise! Why does everyone that tries to make a 'I just have one shitty skill' manga immediately throw away their own premise?! God damn.

@RegalLimerick I completely agree however the title does say essentially he gets a new skill that he trains to be OP in the abyss. So far this series seems copy and pasted from lots of others with very little originality to it. Even this training reminds me very much of Wrong away to Use Healing Magic from training to trainer off the top of my head. I think it’s a combination of more manga magazines so they need to fill the pages with whatever they can get with more authors not taking any risks or putting in effort. When using two or three of tags of ecchi, harem, isekai, or generic fantasy gets them 3-5 volumes easy now why would the lazy ones bother? Plus I always see a decent amount of people almost fanatically defend certain series that are as bland as they get, which is fine is if they enjoy them. I like terrible old martial arts films but I know that aren’t good. Everyone likes what they like but to act like it’s a 9 or a 10 and trash other actual 9s or 10s is more reason we get the same stuff rehashed over and over.

Dex-chan lover
My boy training to become the next Usain Bolt. Also I love how him and elf mom are getting closer, despite her angry face and hellish training regime.

Users who are viewing this thread