Fukakai na Boku no Subete o - Vol. 4 Ch. 22

Just checking the latest chapter for an impression before reading the 1st chapter.
And.... woah!

I keep reading this series wanting to love it so much, but it just keeps kicking me in the crotch. Cute characters doing cute things and trying to find happiness one moment. Oppressive family members or "friends" acting like victims while attacking people the next. It's just been one horrid person after the next ever since Mogu's childhood friend turned up.

Double-page supporter
Wow, you know you've fucked up being a parent when both of your children tried to kill or hurt themselves(I'm mostly putting this on the dad). I just really hope the last page is bait and mogu isn't actually hurt badly.(Yes this is wishful thinking)

Also what the hell was the author thinking making the first half light hearted? That whiplash of the mood really fucked me up.

Dex-chan lover
I just remembered that scene from Marriage Story.
That was so stupid but god, I was cringing all though-out the end credits.

Such a cute chapter right up till Sakura. I know it's not her fault, but after last time I had a feeling it was going to be bad, but I truly was not prepared for that, and to end it with a cliffhanger too! I hope Mogumo's not hurt too bad. If nothing else maybe this will be the tipping point that shows Sakura they aren't the one to blame for their fucked up family situation.

Dex-chan lover
I think you should have added a translator's note about Oyakodon. It took me a bit before I realized what she was talking about.

Double-page supporter
@Enaero
I think sakura kinda already realizes that now, judging by what she said about understanding why mogumo tried to hurt themselves in the past. But maybe after this sakura will finally open up about everything.

Dex-chan lover
Dang that was a pretty uncomfortable mood whiplash. But it seems Sakura realizes why such a drastic action might be taken, considering her eating disorder.

Dex-chan lover
It was so nice and happy for 16 pages and then Sakura showed up and I knew the good times were coming to an end... Damn, the wait is gonna be unbearable.

From that bleak chapter 21, to suddenly the cute bois (and a girl and an enby) doing cute things and talking about costumes and whatnot, to Sakura suddenly appearing, making food with Mogumo, then reminding them of that one time they nearly killed themselves (I'm gonna bet that Mogumo tried to kill themselves because of dysphoria, especially due to the context), to trying to kill herself.

Holy tones, that was a roller-coaster.

Putting that aside, I really like how the author handled the drama. Might be just me, but I feel like this chapter pulled off the drama much better than previous chapter.

Users who are viewing this thread