Fukushuu o Koinegau Saikyou Yuusha wa, Yami no Chikara de Senmetsu Musou Suru - Vol. 1 Ch. 1

Aggregator gang
@Boomburst That's the problem with revenge stories that start and rush the revenge and are also only about revenge. Even in Chinese Wuxia and Xianxia where revenge is usually a big thing they know not to have the character dwell on it and not have other goals. It gets boring, FAST. Also because the story started with the revenge the audience didn't get attached to any character or feel the betrayal so in the end you're just left with the villain, yet a villain who seemingly claims righteous justice for past actions you never really read through.

Iod

that was too fast, thought it was gonna be a oneshot story, may as well be done by the second chapter

I don't know why but I would feel much better about the heroes revenge if the goddess scene had went like:

Goddess: Well that was quite an unfortunate end.

Raul: So called Goddess of love huh, you let me die in vain. *tries to hit her*

Goddess: *Slaps him hard upside his head* I understand your anger and I'm really sorry that happened to you, but I'm still a goddess and you will treat me like such. You fixed the balance of the world energy already so I couldn't care what happens next, but way they treated you, a sweet and kind child of mine, truly irritates me as well. Shall we get our revenge?

THAT would have been more interesting than some crybaby apologetic goddess.

Dex-chan lover
@Boomburst

But he didn't actually touch the princess. She's just in shock.

That being said, the entire crowd at his execution shouting to kill him and noone giving a second thought as to why they shouldn't ? Doesn't really fit the ' almost all of whom had nothing to do his execution' part.

Dex-chan lover
AND THE STORY ends as he kills her while torturing her and making her a masochist as well... probably taking away the sadist part of her away...

Dex-chan lover
Too fast paced for me to like any single character aside from the traitorous princess, just because she was the only character with any screen time, or a fleshed our personality, as villainously cartoony as it was.

I want more before I give it a proper opinion, but the impression it gives is... poor. It feels like Akame ga Kill! married your generic revenge isekai story and this was the bastard child. Who the hell is the MC and why should I give a shit about him? What the hell is the goddess of love’s deal? Is she a masochist? Battered wife? I’ve got a ton of questions. Anyone know if this is based on a novel, or if there are raw chapters past this one?

Call me a chronic weeb or whatever, but in this case I would prefer if they don't translate the title and just go with romanji. That way at least I won't feel as cringed as I'm reading that title now, lol

Now that I've read it myself, I think it wasn't as bad as I previously thought! Though the princess is hilariously bad, I hope they explore her character more to make her character interesting, because as now she feels more like cartoonishly evil than menacing... That of course if they plan to make her live after this confrontation with MC. I'm a sucker for a revenge stories so definitely followed this!

Btw, serious question! Is this really isekai? I haven't seen any status menu popped up, so I have my doubt... Was he summoned by that goddess of love or something?

Dex-chan lover
@Euphaire
He literally says he was reborn in that world the second he returns to that white room with the goddess, I think. Try to read a little more slowly and take in all the details.

Dex-chan lover
I'm interested to know where the story is going. I feel like he really is coming back to claim the Princess as his bride, and she's going to fall in love with him even more. After all, she did say that she wanted to defile his earnest eyes -and she did indeed defile them. Now Hero and Princess seem to make a pretty good match.... and I believe that's them together on the cover so...

But what now? Are they just gonna be bad guys together? Is there some bigger existential threat that makes them be heroes?

Fed-Kun's army
At the very least, the character designs and artstyle is pretty good

this is not a oneshot? I mean what the hell?

what revenge are you talking about you stupid hero?

revenge should be done in a slow manner. torture her by taking everything she has slowly one by one while making sure she has no idea that it was your doing but leave some clues to your existence

oh I love that masochistic goddess too

Group Leader
Well we sure glossed over the generic revenge setup. Will have to wait for the next chapter to see if it just goes the edgyboi route or if there's actually going to be some substance.

Users who are viewing this thread