Futaribeya

In the beginning it reminds me of Ouji-sama Nante Iranai. Sakura is yukina and the other one is Nobara

This one will rot the teeth right out of your skull with its sweetness.

Sakurako could drain oceans with this much THIRST

This manga reminded me of Minami-Ke. A manga that's going on forever(400+ chapters). Except for the yuri part. It also has some older anime seasons, but the manga is way better.

Minami-Ke focusses on three different aged sisters living together and their daily life. No drama, just wholesome moments from their daily life, involving school and free time. Most of their friends are female, but also a handful of male friends. Every character is likeable and get their own chapters.

If you like wholesome/comfy slice of life/coming of age mangas, go for Minami-Ke. You can read on it for weeks. 😀👍

Aggregator gang
I didn't really see any 'yuri' in the series but that's fine, the cozy atmosphere, sugar rush, and the casual, slow-pace it has is enough

edit: oh there is yuri, but it's just a one-sided thirst trip from sakurako and kasumi just goes along with it

I'd personally view this as yuri though. I love every character and couple in this, especially Seri and Shouko. Like every couple isn't really officially in a relationship with each other, yet they still stay in the same home, share the same thing, and just be happy together. I have always love this manga for its gorgeous art from Yukiko and just nice, wholesome slice of life story that doesn't involve any drama at all, such a lovable series

Dex-chan lover
I'd personally view this as yuri though. I love every character and couple in this, especially Seri and Shouko. Like every couple isn't really officially in a relationship with each other, yet they still stay in the same home, share the same thing, and just be happy together. I have always love this manga for its gorgeous art from Yukiko and just nice, wholesome slice of life story that doesn't involve any drama at all, such a lovable series
agreed. ig i myself too got used to yuri's that are aggressive in romantic progress compared to spineless MC that we usually have in romcoms(with godforsaken 200+ chapters with no progress) but this series is different it sometimes can put you off that Kasumi is just going with the flow living together and might not really into romantic relationship with Sakurako but when shes on the offensive shes just tackle right away with a kiss, so far, afaik, shes the only one who kissed but not Sakurako that went offensive side(hugs given away).

also glad author san still gives this update even though it's almost a decade in the works, hope we get that answer soon about Sakurako's question if Kasumi even considered them officially dating, but that last update chapter her buying Sakurako a wallet just gives she didnt really needed to say or make it clear but it would be nice to have it at least acknowledged in one these next chapters.

Dex-chan lover
I never understood the MC... They look like they're married but it's just a one-sided relationship where one part is just to lazy (and dependant 🤔) to end things. But I enjoyed reading it because it funny and drama free.

remove the romance tag this is just slice of life without any signs. maybe they'll get them married or some sht to add the tag but it's like 10 volumes of nothing but boringness. plus the chapters are arranged in such an annoying way. i don't like complaining but damn this is such a waste of time (according to the tags it has)

https://medium.com/@peter91916/coha...ibeya-a-room-for-two-explanation-485321bdf3a4

Ok so here is the complete review of the series, and according to what I see above, everything the comments said, is absolutely wrong. Now, I challenge you with this article. The series is absolutely Yuri, and the relationship, couldn't be generalized by your stupid lover confirmation, it's totally unnecessary for the main characters, you just lazy to see what's happening between them and how they keep stated their view of relationship.

Dex-chan lover
Let me state first that this waste of time of a manga is absolutely yuri/GL under the broad as fuck definition by the Japanese, there is no need for a over-analyzed tl;dr wall of texts.

couldn't be generalized
Then it doesn't belong to the tag in the first place. I mean you can intentionally mis-tag things but sooner or later people will complain and correct it. What you are doing here is shaking fists at those people and demanding them stopping being annoyed by the wrong tag.

it's totally unnecessary for the main characters, you just lazy to see what's happening between them and how they keep stated their view of relationship.
If a character committing atrocities (raping, mindbreaking, all the fun stuffs in between and the author is actually drawing every single gritty bit of it) and seeing those acts as wholesome, loving and healing, do we tag the manga as "iyashi/healing"?

Let me state first that this waste of time of a manga is absolutely yuri/GL under the broad as fuck definition by the Japanese, there is no need for a over-analyzed tl;dr wall of texts.

Then it doesn't belong to the tag in the first place. I mean you can intentionally mis-tag things but sooner or later people will complain and correct it. What you are doing here is shaking fists at those people and demanding them stopping being annoyed by the wrong tag.

If a character committing atrocities (raping, mindbreaking, all the fun stuffs in between and the author is actually drawing every single gritty bit of it) and seeing those acts as wholesome, loving and healing, do we tag the manga as "iyashi/healing"?
The tag is not decided by English people, Yuri is from Japan, not western countries. While Futaribeya is just Yuri consider by the author and everyone in the Japan, no one really gives a shit about what you think. And thinking Yuri is from English is a historical fallacy. Also, the second reply you give, it's not the same case, and everything I said already tell you, lover confirmation is absolutely not necessary in Yuri genre, your reply is not a reply at all.

https://medium.com/@peter91916/the-...e-yuri-genre-and-its-discovering-e41eadb95654

And yet, your perspective on Yuri also needs to get fixed

I feel kinda disappointed
This manga fits "omg they were roommates" perfectly. I loved it until the manga made it seem like there isn't any real romance between the mc's and then just went with them just kinda being friends without any progression

Users who are viewing this thread