Gal to Iinchou ga Guuzen Saikai suru Hanashi - Ch. 8

Dex-chan lover
A lot of stuff like that in manga makes sense if you know this Japanese saying: the nail that sticks out gets hammered down
Nah. It's clear the office has sexual harassment problem, and they refused to solve it.
Which is why I believe either the blond boss or the dark-haired old lady, or both, need to be murdered.
Japanese saying are no excuse.

Dex-chan lover
Nah. It's clear the office has sexual harassment problem, and they refused to solve it.
Which is why I believe either the blond boss or the dark-haired old lady, or both, need to be murdered.
Japanese saying are no excuse.
Yeah obviously, but it explains why someone like the class prez (I forgot her name atm) who didn't keep her head down and even called out her superior now gets ostracized as a troublemaker in that terrible office. Not that things like this frequently happen all over the world, especially with things like sexual harassment. My point is that "keep your head down and don't stand out" is a lot more socially enforced in Japan than in Europe for example. I mean this is the country where at public schools in Tokyo students with naturally brown hair were forced to dye their hair black and even underwear color got designated by the school up to 2022.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I’m pretty sure this hints that her resignation letter was sent straight through an HR branch and reported company abuse.

That’s why they were so on edge after the incident.

Dex-chan lover
Japan is the least productive country in the world. :pacman:
Manga may be considered as anecdotal evidence. But as they say, where's smoke there's fire.
I think I read an article a few years ago written by US expat working in a Japanese company. People were always looking at her weirdly for going home on time and not doing overtime, but they could never do anything to her, because she was done with all her tasks like 2 hours before the day was even over, while everyone else was doing overtime. She was flabbergasted at the low efficiency.

Dex-chan lover
I think I read an article a few years ago written by US expat working in a Japanese company. People were always looking at her weirdly for going home on time and not doing overtime, but they could never do anything to her, because she was done with all her tasks like 2 hours before the day was even over, while everyone else was doing overtime. She was flabbergasted at the low efficiency.
Yeah, the only thing I can think of. Is majority of people there have too low self-esteem maybe. I believe more people should stand up for themselves. And if they can't be bothered. Just leave.

Dex-chan lover
My guess is, her secret is in getting a full night's sleep. Overworking in an emergency situation is fine, but overworking in ordinary situation just means you'll be tired the next day.

Dex-chan lover
I'm so lost. I have no clue how she could think that literally anything that happened was her fault. Nothing anybody could say to her should be able to convince her that sticking up for the new employee caused said employee to quit. This chapter did nothing but make me feel less sympathetic to this character.
I mean, the person doing the most victim blaming in ANY situation is the victim themselves and if we could read minds it would be a shit show listening to their thoughts, so obviously as someone who has always been a victim of outsider mentality, she'd blame herself for any negativity that can be associated with the topic including causing another person to be made an outsider

Supporter
While this chapter was mostly correct about japan's labour culture being generally toxic, it feels so out of place with the entire manga, unless miyama appears again later showing how happy she is (to push FMC foraward)

Dex-chan lover
To me ... its more like a bullying.
If she said it's not her doing then someone must have done it.. it looks like they are doing this to make a cute girl speak or get their attention..

Well in chairman/ prez POV its her fault that the company is in turmoil (which is its bound to happen anyway survey and stuff)
Because Japanese hate unnecessary trouble
She might have thought its her fault..that she's a reason everyone needs to do more effort than usual... and that boss looks like in trouble by the employee's unpredictable resignation.

That's why everyone just venting their anger to our poor prez. She doesn't deserve this 🥲

Users who are viewing this thread