Game Recommendation

I can't find any good games lately, so can someone recommend me a good game. (No triple A games because a lot of people already know about those games) I will also recommend 2 games.

The Messenger - is an action-platform game inspired by the classic Ninja Gaiden series. What begins as a classic action platformer soon unravels into an expansive time-traveling adventure full of thrills, surprises, and humor.

A Hat in Time - is a Cute-as-Heck 3D Platformer game inspired by 3D Platformer games. The Levels are good and well design, the characters are likable, and the graphics are great. I really want to play Super Mario Odyssey but i don't have a switch so for an alternative I'm playing A Hat in Time.

Custom title
Staff
Developer
Yoku's Island Express is a very cool pinball metroidvania. One of those games where every time you replay it you can feel your skills getting better. I don't really know why exactly I like it so much but it feels like a modern classic to me.

Dex-chan lover
What genres would you play and what genres you would hate to play? More info = better results.

A bunch of pretty good games imo:
EPIC BATTLE FANTASY series -> available on Flash sites for free and also via Steam (Steam has premium content included and Flash sites have an option to buy premium content), round based team combat with anime-ish graphics

Ziggurat -> Rogue-like Shooter (while good it did not entertain me for that long)

Faster Than Light -> Rogue-like Space Ship combat (same problem as the game above in my case)

Banished -> Build a village, I really liked that one, pretty cozy and you still can fail, not that much content(!) but over 9000 mods

Path of Exile -> Free to play (additional stash costs dosh including easier selling of shite to other players via premium stash tab/s, cosmetics are expensive but they give zero gameplay advantage), really good HackClick'n'Slay with a rather complicated system or rather layered systems, NOT PAY TO WIN (I played the game since beta and bought more stash space only after years like 2 years ago, convenience)

Etherlords II -> Basically magic aka round based strategy

Tunnels of Underground: freeware 2D Spaceship shooter with lots of stuff

SuperTux -> 2D Mario like game (free, most likely freeware since Linux and all lel)

AAA:
Age of Empires II -> Classic RTS
Older Total War games like Rome -> Mix of realistic real time strategy and round based strategy
Older F.E.A.R. Games -> Shooter with some scares and Bullet Time

Maybe AAA?:
Zeus + Poseidon -> Old city builder, slight issues on newer Windows versions
Some Trackmania games or parts of them are free (or used to be I dunno), good (arcade) racer with an editor
Stalker Lost Alpha Directors Cut - For whatever Reason for zero bucks ([re]build by modders) and featured on major PC/Gaming internet sites - (survival) shooter with RPG - elements

Double-page supporter
i would honestly recommend Shovel Knight: Treasure Trove really fun and challenging

Dex-chan lover
GAME OF THE YEAR: 420BLAZEIT

It’s a free FPS that entertains for a few minutes, but it’s free and markiplier played it, so it shouldn’t be hard to find.

Dex-chan lover
"One Finger Death Punch" is pretty awesome and very simple action/rhythm game, you just click left and right.

Slay the Spire - deck building roguelike
Mordhau - FP action multiplayer similar to chivalry or war of the roses but better
Dwarf Fortress - fantasy world simulator, you can build your own fortress or just play as a single adventurer
I Have No Mouth, and I Must Scream - absolute masterpeace point and click adventure game

If you're into the exploration-style platforming games (Metroidvanias, though I know not everyone likes that term), I highly recommend Iconoclasts. Aside from having some fairly gorgeous sprite art, and a well-crafted soundtrack, the gameplay is satisfying, the controls are tight, and the story takes some rather interesting turns that you wouldn't particularly expect for a game that looks quite like this one does. I really only had two complaints with the game, one being that the ending feels like it was rushed somewhat, even though hints to it were dropped if you've been paying attention, and the other being that there's a really unintuitive boss fight midway through the game that I ended up having to look at a guide to figure out, despite being able to do the entirety of the rest of the game myself--it was that clunky. That said, I thoroughly enjoyed almost every minute I spent with this game, so I feel confident recommending it.

EDIT: minor grammar and vocabulary touch-ups.

Hollow Knight: insect-themed metroidvania with a Dark Souls-y twist to the combat and gameplay. one of the best examples of the genre i've ever played.
Celeste: tough-as-hell puzzle platformer with a slammin soundtrack.
Ori and the Blind Forest: in the same vein as Hollow Knight, with an equally impressive art style and soundtrack.
Momodora: Reverie Under the Moonlight: please do not bully lubella.
Jazzpunk: extremely silly walking simulator.
Baba is You: puzzle game where you manipulate the rules of the world by pushing word blocks around.

@CyanHide I love the combat log. Female hammer dwarfs goes into battle with an infant in her arm then drops the kid while crashing some goblin skulls and the kid starts wresling with a beak dog. It's just amazing!

I would recommend:
Mad Father: rpg maker horror game
Forager: 2d open world survival
MORDHAU: pretty good quality multiplayer medieval slasher

Dex-chan lover
If you like medieval things try kingdom come deliverance. It’s an rpg that takes place in bohemia where you assume the role of a peasant. Different branching paths. Different weapons based on real life. There are many different in-game mechanics. Player must eat and sleep to survive.

Double-page supporter
i can never recommend cataclysm: dark days ahead to enough people. free roguelike thats under constant development (usually updated at least 2-3 times daily) with an absolutely mind-boggling amount of things to do in it.

setting is basically a zombie apocalypse with a bunch of other end-of-the-world stuff thrown in. you're given "points" (optional) to build a character, starting with your "class" anything ranging from a clown to a naked dude with only a towel to a lost BDSM submissive, then move on to different "perks" before choosing stats and skill levels.

from there you have to survive any way you can, starting out with a cudgel you made out of a curtain rod and raiding fridges at night to not starve until you eventually find yourself rolling into a massive city in your custom, built-from-scratch fortress/base deathmobile and jumping out in your tailor-made armor before tearing through massive mobs of zombies and eldritch horrors like butter with your heavily modified guns, cybernetic enhancements, and animal mutations.

i could honestly write an even more massive text wall about any one facet of the different kinds of systems you can dive into with the game, but suffice to say its the same kind of depth as dwarf fortress (or honestly even more so in my opinion). its intimidating as hell when you first boot it up (get a tileset if ascii isnt your thing) and there's a fairly large learning curve, but by god is it worth it; i've spent years playing this game pretty much on the daily and im still learning new things about it.

definitely pick up the update launcher if you wanna try it though (can be found on the game's reddit), makes many things way easier. the discord is also super helpful if you have any questions, i use it often.

wandersong for a relaxing time with cute characters! save the world through singing and dancing.
if you like messing around with instruments in games (like the ocarina in loz) you might like the singing function in this game.

Dex-chan lover
Agar.io
Slither.io
Diep.io
Brutal.io
Splix.io
Deeeep.io

I'm dead serious these online games are fun and addictive. These are my six reccommendations out of a whole mess of crappy io games out there. Each have their own game mechanics so you'll be playing an entirely new game each and not a bad clone like a bunch of io games out there.

Users who are viewing this thread