Genkai Level 1 kara no Nariagari ~Saijaku Level no Ore ga Isekai Saikyou ni Naru made - Vol. 2 Ch. 7.2

Double-page supporter
Hmm is this a re upload of the previous chapter that was waiting for approval earlier today in an attempt to get attention for it?

Dex-chan lover
Dang, already going to face off against the other summoned heroes? Seems pretty quick, but I guess this is actually Chap 7 and he's just been in the valley for a while.

I suspect that the guy with the shield at the end was summoned and brainwashed/convinced into believing that the demihumans are "evil" or "heretics" or "despised by god" or "the enemy of humanity" or something like that because he looks way too innocent compared to the other soldiers to be truly racist

Dex-chan lover
Crazy how one of the mob delinquents already getting screen time...

shit it took me a while to understand the sniper scans thing was all about, boy do I feel like an idiot

@MemeSlayer09 Have you already forgotten how this manga started? The people who got summoned were a gang of murderous delinquents plus the person they were currently mugging at the time, i.e. the main character.

Brainwashed? Tricked? Fucking why? Every single 'chosen hero' was already a criminal scumbag willing to kill and torture for petty cash from the word go, that was established right at the start. What's more, their stats were absolutely outrageous, they started with crazy attribute arrays and high levels, unlike the MC, who was basically a normal human with a single broken skill that nobody really understood.

That's one of the reasons this particular manga is so much more interesting than all the other copycats in the genre. The other summoned humans aren't just assholes, or even generically evil, but explicitly the main villains of this story. They will conquer this planet and become unstoppable tyrants unless the MC mans up and abuses his skill enough that he becomes capable of stopping them. That's new, I've never seen that before, I'm pretty sure this is the only isekai out of all of them thus far that has done something like that. The human kingdom has been the villain before, that's old hat, and some or even all but one of the heroes being assholes also isn't new either. But the main character having to stop the other summoned people from destroying the world? That IS new. It's new, and interesting, and kind of exciting. We have our motivation and goal clearly established right from the start, we already know the stakes.

Why would any of them need to be brainwashed? Do you think they would give a shit about murdering innocent people as long as there's something in it for them? Odds are, the king of the human country realized he could just conquer all of the surrounding kingdoms with the three delinquents, and has promptly set out to do so, promising them money and women in exchange. That's the simplest explanation, and the one that makes the most sense.

Dex-chan lover
I'd rather someone knock over my dominos before I finish setting them up than watch someone not loot a corpse. Especially if the loot is always a permanent status upgrade.

@twinklecake
Yeah I felt about the same.
Especially given goblins were already on scene and doing so, and they weren't bodies that he dug up or the like, but rather 'fresh' corpses.

Users who are viewing this thread