Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni Shika Atsukaenai - Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 21 - True malice is only found in those you care for

Dex-chan lover
I liked that when he stated he can beat them easily there was no trash talk but instead just a "shudder" sound effect from the Soldiers. They knew he wasn't bluffing and that worst comes to worst they are very screwed.
well…words of him beating a giant ass serpent that destroyed like half the city , defeating an otherworldly threat that plagued the royal family mustve been passed around…The only idiot here is the noble who sent the private army to try to arrest him even with all that.
it kinds of feels like the MC is also taking advantage of her feelings, 'cause leaving with her means she loses her status and she will choose him for love, which for what we have seen so far not reciprocated and the MC mission so far are: to find the daughter/grandaughter of the old man and to find his childhood friend maybe love interest (does Eva even know that??)
The dad gaslighted her with the contract and the second verse of it was also forced obedience , almost like a slave contract(And that shit is horrendous if its similar to the contracts that were used on the slaves in chapter 0) .Their ideals clashed that much why would she want to stay. Lark is….more like his sister i think , dont believe he wanna bang her and i hope it doesnt just go harem route….

Supporter
Ya just take the noble girl with you? And then what? You’re signing her up for a life of persecution by taking advantage of her feelings. Feelings that he probably won’t reciprocate, considering the style of the story. Maybe the author throws a curve-ball like
Rudeus marrying
in Mushoku Tensei, but I doubt it.
Edit. Maybe he does…

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
The dad gaslighted her with the contract and the second verse of it was also forced obedience , almost like a slave contract(And that shit is horrendous if its similar to the contracts that were used on the slaves in chapter 0) .Their ideals clashed that much why would she want to stay. Lark is….more like his sister i think , dont believe he wanna bang her and i hope it doesnt just go harem route….
Not sure the wording of the contract supports anything close to slavery. "To never betray her father" leaves a lot to interpretation. The clause is so open ended she could in many instances openly oppose him without being effected.

A slave contract would include words such as devotion, obedience, or submission. Not being able to betray someone or ideal sounds more something that would be included in your standard oath to your king or country.

Group Leader
tbh a secret wedding would have been a better plot device :pepehmm:.
And bro, couldn't they have been 3 or so years older? These childlike proportions with all this seriousness are kinda weird. :nyoron:

Dex-chan lover
Didn't count on his daughter taking MC's side to that extent.

Really does sound like they got married. Though probably not far from the truth anyway.

No reason to leave? Forgetting about someone?

Gets respect from the soldiers, at least.

Don't think he needs another noble "helping".

Eva still looking like a snack.
They do look good together.

it kinds of feels like the MC is also taking advantage of her feelings,
My question here is, "What advantage?" What does he have to gain from her at her cost?

Dex-chan lover
they keep saying words but I still don't understand why any of this is happening, peak gibberish manga 🙏🏻

Dex-chan lover
Not sure the wording of the contract supports anything close to slavery. "To never betray her father" leaves a lot to interpretation. The clause is so open ended she could in many instances openly oppose him without being effected.

A slave contract would include words such as devotion, obedience, or submission. Not being able to betray someone or ideal sounds more something that would be included in your standard oath to your king or country.
I was prefering to the slave contract as an example because these contracts can alter a person mind to the point that they subconsciously would not even think about going against the conditions included.The slaves were mind controlled to the point their real personality was suppressed , forced to happily eat rotten whatever the hell they were fed and happily work in a shit hole mine.Eva herself got her memory suppressed and she probably wouldnt even normally think about speaking for MC when her dad made maneuvers against the MC in an attempt to manipulate him in a political move.

Sure the father is supposedly a good guy and he wont harm his daughter , but that level of control of a person mind is pretty fucked . Plus he might care greatly about his daughter but everyone around her is fair games , and his daughter wont even be able to think about their wellbeing should the father decides to get rid of them .

Dex-chan lover
I recently brought Eva to the Church

Well, definitely better than a maternity ward, an abortion clinic, or a live-action Barney show.

Thanks for the tl!
When I read that line, I thought they were getting married in secret. 😅

Dex-chan lover
@stainx and @Miserys_End
With regards to the contract I get the feeling that the intention of the contract was to protect her. She had just killed her mother, I assume by accident and I assume through her magic going out of control (which we know was an issue until only recently).
The "Forget" clause was likely because she was a (very young) child and couldn't mentally withstand the knowledge that it was her "fault." The "Never Betray" clause may have been so that the same thing didn't happen again, to him. As pointed out, these contracts have extreme power over people, their minds, and their bodies. That being the case it isn't that farfetched to conclude that it could prevent her from accidentally unleasing her power on her father. The obvious problem with this is the word "betray" as it can be used for other things...

Also, I simply cannot comprehend why he is bringing her with him. What purpose does she have for him? She clearly loves him, but there is no indication that he reciprocates those feelings, so it isn't for love. If she leaves her father she effectively loses any and all power (political, financial, etc) she otherwise had; she clearly isn't combat trained and while her magic eye likely isn't something his orb can replicate (and it's questionable whether it can be used on oneself anyway) does it provide enough of a boost to justify the danger he is putting both himself and her in by taking her?

Likely this will eventually be explained... but if the LN has already done so and someone who has read the LN reads this I would VERY MUCH like to know what his reasoning is.

Supporter
tbh a secret wedding would have been a better plot device :pepehmm:.
And bro, couldn't they have been 3 or so years older? These childlike proportions with all this seriousness are kinda weird. :nyoron:
Considering the halflings being literal children too, the author definitely has a thing for lolishota. I’m here for it, can’t wait for Ubel Blatt’ anime.

Dex-chan lover
Iirc Reiji does have feelings for Eva. At the very least is quite attached to her. I could be wrong. Might need to reread earlier chapters again. Pretty sure I'm right that it was shown Reiji cares for her beyond their relationship as mistress and bodyguard.

Supporter
I have the feeling they are doing this to put Eva’s father (and probably other high ranked nobles/royal family) on the spot, since Eva is a marriage target, and Reiji taking Eva with him would be removing a probable partner for them. Reiji taking her away serves no real purpose for any of them except… well, they are indeed in love with each other and want to elope.

Dex-chan lover
so that duke whatever decided to attack the guy who saved the life of the king, the crown oprince, and defeated the giant snake thing that was attacking the city, saving countless lives, i call that kind of behavior treason.

Users who are viewing this thread