Genkaigoe no Skill wa, Tenseisha ni shika Atsukaenai: Over Limit Skill Holder - Ch. 25 - The Secret Of The Holy Pale Blue (2)

Dex-chan lover
so rather then just say no to the kid or arrest him for talking treason he instead let him get taken over by the demon lord and put everyone there in danger
Well, it was either him, or the kings son. So everyone would've been put in danger either way. Only difference is the culprit, so it makes sense to offload it to someone else's family.

That said, I really don't get why they decided to do the potentially really dangerous thing in public, specifically a public that has all the higher-ups and the next generation of leaders but no bodyguards.

Dex-chan lover
I mean unless failure means REALLY bad shit happens, its worth a try right ?
He asked for it after all and the king probablly does not want his son to do it himself.
( even if Eva is the reason the kid is so ballsy )
I take it to be more that both kids are equally likely to fail (apparently only bloodline matters, and nobles are rather inbred. Particularly that kid it seems, if kings reaction to his lastname was any indication), so if REALLY bad shit is gonna happen, better let it be someone else's kid~

At the current rate of upload, the end of this arc is going to be next year as the Royal event stuff goes on for at least another 5 chapters and then there is the NEW arc

Dex-chan lover
This one starting to look boring. The pacing is too weird. Sometimes fast and now slow as hell.
Can we get to the main part yet?

Dex-chan lover
As much as I hate how forced and suddenly(alsos really dumb) the escalation was, sometimes itsreally nice to see things hust happened because of coincidence and not something that's totally planned and very predictable.

Dex-chan lover
Well, the kid talked shit, guess it's time for him to get hit.

Dex-chan lover
so rather then just say no to the kid or arrest him for talking treason he instead let him get taken over by the demon lord and put everyone there in danger
I think it's more likely that he knew no one could handle it, so he decided to sacrifice someone else's kid instead.

Dex-chan lover
Yay a excuse to now murder that kid?
Nah, Reiji will come and swoop in and yank the orb out of him without killing him, would be really surprised if the kid got offed. The only question is if this causes Reiji to reveal his powers, or if everyone will be conveniently incapacitated by the evil orb's power, letting him do as he pleases without anyone realizing.

Dex-chan lover
Man did i miss something or is the king stupid? So because of a kid being a smartass he just straight up gave the orb to him? Unless he actually want somebody else to take the orb from the beginning, that is such a dumbass move.

Also i hate it when some characters are about to know something we’re waiting for a long time only for it to get interrupted, feels like a cheap shot for annoying cliffhanger in my opinion.
That's exactly what he was hoping for when they found out about that orb. So on the one hand, he lucked out that his son isn't the sacrifice, but on the other, everybody there is probably still doomed.

Dex-chan lover
Spoilers. Because I dislike the artificial setup in this LN/Manga (like the guards being placed out of range of their job).

This pretty much proved a single rogue operative could murder an entire generation if they felt like it. Worse in novel.

Summary:
The [Whatever-It-Is] is part of a compact between the direct descendants from royal family of ancients -- and some parallel-universe Darkworld horrors -- from mythical times. Hence the "he's a Duke's son" (thick royal blood) comment.

That 8-Star Orb:
[Whatever-It-Is] skill appears every (few?) generations. And the royal holder ALWAYS mysteriously vanishes as an adult, due to Darkworld horrors "taking" them due to the compact. King didn't want his son to be sacrificed, so he let arrogant (enchanted?) Duke's son take the hit/orb instead.

(Spoiler: Nope. That was breach of compact. Evil Darkworld compact arbiter tries exploiting this. Next chapters go into action.)

Darkworld:
Filled with otherworldly shadow horrors and monsters. Ecology of skill orbs is they actually cycle back and forth between Darkworld and the human world. When a holder dies their orb is supposed to transfer from one world to the other. But high-rank skills have been accumulating in the human world (due to orb removal? inheritance?). Basically some kind of Human compact abuse, to empower their own side unilaterally. Obviously Horrors aren't happy with this.

Horrors want to invade the human world, kill people, get their world's share of skills back. Most humans (other than royalty/mage) don't even know said OP horrors exist. It's a royal secret. Horrors want into the human world -- but can't because of the restrictions of the compact. Once compact is broken: they will invade full force.

Arbiter:
That shrine is in the gap between both worlds, the negotiation grounds between Human and Darkworld. Only place both sides can interact when compact is in force. Which is what makes it (literally the physical shrine itself and geospatial area) special. (Plays a plot point... minor but dumb.) Black orb is the middle-ground barrier set up for negotiations between Darkworld and humans for the original compact, without / to prevent outside interference.

The Darkworld's compact arbiter resides here. It is NOT a nice horror. It's liquid evil and malice. His actions upon the breach of compact does things that drive this upcoming arc.

Humans (mainly nobles):
Dumb shits. Full of greed. I really, really dislike how self-serving they are in this series. This story is supposed to be uplifting about MC's friendships and overcoming adversity. But all I can see is how stupid they are in face of danger, and obsessed with "face".

This ties into the conclusion of this arc. And makes me want to have MC punch a certain character in the face. (Then I want someone else to slap the MC for being an indecisive wuss.) But he's too much of a 'nice guy' to do it. To the point he belittles the resolve of other characters with his "kindness".

More:
I can't recall, but that should tide over most. I think I know why his sister abandoned him now though; he's too naive.

Last edited:
Spoilers. Because I dislike the artificial setup in this LN/Manga (like the guards being placed out of range of their job).

This pretty much proved a single rogue operative could murder an entire generation if they felt like it. Worse in novel.

Summary:
The [Whatever-It-Is] is part of a compact between the direct descendants from royal family of ancients -- and some parallel-universe Darkworld horrors -- from mythical times. Hence the "he's a Duke's son" (thick royal blood) comment.

That 8-Star Orb:
[Whatever-It-Is] skill appears every (few?) generations. And the royal holder ALWAYS mysteriously vanishes as an adult, due to Darkworld horrors "taking" them due to the compact. King didn't want his son to be sacrificed, so he let arrogant (enchanted?) Duke's son take the hit/orb instead.

(Spoiler: Nope. That was breach of compact. Evil Darkworld compact arbiter tries exploiting this. Next chapters go into action.)

Darkworld:
Filled with otherworldly shadow horrors and monsters. Ecology of skill orbs is they actually cycle back and forth between Darkworld and the human world. When a holder dies their orb is supposed to transfer from one world to the other. But high-rank skills have been accumulating in the human world (due to orb removal? inheritance?). Basically some kind of Human compact abuse, to empower their own side unilaterally. Obviously Horrors aren't happy with this.

Horrors want to invade the human world, kill people, get their world's share of skills back. Most humans (other than royalty/mage) don't even know said OP horrors exist. It's a royal secret. Horrors want into the human world -- but can't because of the restrictions of the compact. Once compact is broken: they will invade full force.

Arbiter:
That shrine is in the gap between both worlds, the negotiation grounds between Human and Darkworld. Only place both sides can interact when compact is in force. Which is what makes it (literally the physical shrine itself and geospatial area) special. (Plays a plot point... minor but dumb.) Black orb is the middle-ground barrier set up for negotiations between Darkworld and humans for the original compact, without / to prevent outside interference.

The Darkworld's compact arbiter resides here. It is NOT a nice horror. It's liquid evil and malice. His actions upon the breach of compact does things that drive this upcoming arc.

Humans (mainly nobles):
Dumb shits. Full of greed. I really, really dislike how self-serving they are in this series. This story is supposed to be uplifting about MC's friendships and overcoming adversity. But all I can see is how stupid they are in face of danger, and obsessed with "face".

This ties into the conclusion of this arc. And makes me want to have MC punch a certain character in the face. (Then I want someone else to slap the MC for being an indecisive wuss.) But he's too much of a 'nice guy' to do it. To the point he belittles the resolve of other characters with his "kindness".

More:
I can't recall, but that should tide over most. I think I know why his sister abandoned him now though; he's too naive.
I've also read much further than the current arc in the WN & a lot of this is right but I feel like some of what was said here feels rather up to interpretation, & as such wasn't quite what I got from the subsequent events. It's also possible that the LN version is noticeably/significantly different & that's what your take here is based off of, but if you want my take here's a wall of text choc full of moderate-to-heavy spoilers:
For starters, I don't think the WN ever provides evidence that any... let's use the term "mortal" currently alive actually knows the full details of the compact (including the ruling class), and/or whether any of those mortals are actually aware of the alternate world prior to the events of the series. Dragons are a something of an exception, but they basically never interact w/ the normal mortal races. I also have a vague memory that the Rabbit priest in this arc MIGHT know more (& possibly everything?), but I don't think he ever really spells things out in detail; I think it comes up at some point that part of the compact is that he's not allowed to tell the whole story? This part's very hazy.

Anyway, this ruling family IS aware that they're supposed to give this specific orb to a specific descendent & that descendent will disappear forever if given the orb (thus the king obviously wants to give it away!) BUT, I don't recall ever reading that the king knows WHY the person giving this orb will disappear and/or where they disappear to (& I'm pretty sure it was quite the opposite, they know the result but have no idea WHY this happens every few generations, which is part of his angst on why he doesn't want to give the orb to his son.) In a more general sense, I never saw it spelled out that any of the mortals know what's going on, & bc of that I don't know that the ruling class is any more or less greedy/terrible than they are in any other of these isekai settings, & if they, are I don't think it's bc of this subject.

The second thing I'd bring up is that the other world is definitely a shithole, and yes it's filled w/ terrible monsters, but I don't think I'd say those monsters "want to invade the human world", bc said terrible monsters are generally of the "Hostile Magical Critter" variety, not the humanoid/sentient beings of that world. Humans, or at least an offshoot of them, are still alive in that dimension along w/ several other humanoid/mortal races (IIRC, some/all of the non-human races there don't exist or are very rare in the main world, but this is another subject that the memory's kinda hazy on.) The members & leaders of those races ALSO don't seem know the Good World exists (bc if they did, the leaders of those races would be trying to get their people out of the Dark World instead of being in a constant war w/ the environment for survival.) I have a vague memory that the leaders of the Alt-Humans may be the exception to this in that they know the other world exists & want to get there, but they don't seem to know HOW to get across, so their lives are just as shitty as everyone else's in that world.

This is another bit possibly open to interpretation, but I feel like the implication for WHY the Dark World is filled w/ terrible monsters is that the imbalance in orbs (or at least orb USERS, more on that in a bit) has left the sentient races off the Dark World too weak to properly fight back against the monsters there, leading to a spiral of more/stronger monsters attacking the Sentients> Sentients are forced to retreat due to insufficient combat power> the resulting abandoned land leaves room for more/even stronger monsters, rinse & repeat.

As I alluded to just a bit earlier, I think a large part of the imbalance isn't just that there's fewer/less powerful orbs in the Dark World, it's that there appears to be hardly any orb USERS. When the MC ends up in the alternate dimension, he discovers that the alternate world version of the shrine they're all currently at appears to be abandoned (or close to it, I think there was something resembling a shack or the like there) & it's absolutely OVERFLOWING with unused skill orbs (so much so that they burst out of said shack shortly after he arrives.) Good-world humanity is certainly contributing to the imbalance by hoarding orbs (mostly/especially the powerful ones), but for reasons that weren't fully explained last I read, the Dark-world seems to've largely lost/forgotten that orbs are even a thing & thus almost no one has or uses them.

I've probably droned on too long at this point, but the last little bit I'll bring up is that I think the WN sets up the the true culprit (IE the parties responsible both for the imbalance & that almost no one KNOWS about the imbalance) are actually some section of the individual(s?) involved in the original compact (who are all weird supernatural entities mind you, not the mortals having to deal w/ this ish) & are doing so bc they want out of and/or to destroy/rewrite the rules of said compact... but all of this was all in the realm of cryptic hints & foreshadowing last I read, so it's possible this line of thought was eventually revealed to be moot.

I should check up on the WN version & see how far it's gotten/if it's over. It was a really good read!

Users who are viewing this thread