God of Blackfield

This manhwa is completely absurd. The MC is an unbeatable killing machine with no flaws. Women love him and men envy him. The story is dumb and predictable, and all characters fall into flat archetypes.

Yet, it's also great. The story is as straightforward as possible. It doesn't try to be deep, it doesn't try to be self conscious. It's an 80s action movie in manhwa form.
It's a breath of fresh air from all of the shonens where the MC wins with the power of love and friendship, or preacy seinens that teach you violence bad.
This manhwa is purely about violence and how Kang Chang will use it to do what he wants. Nothing more, nothing less.

Double-page supporter
This is a trashy isekai-level of wish fulfillment, so don't go in expecting anything deep or engaging.
It's another manhua that you can only enjoy if you turn your brain off and set your expectations at the lowest level

Quite surprised at how many stars this have, really. Should honestly be around 6 stars or so

Action is pretty good, art is good, but MC is so stale and the story operates in such a simple A to B to C progression. The most annoying is how he gets women everywhere he goes, but unlike typical dense protagonists who just don't get it or virgin protagonists who are too scared, this MC just chooses to do nothing... For no reason. Ostensibly because of his psychological issues but the author never actually goes into those, nor does the author have the capability to write something so nuanced.

So it's basically just a fun, mindless beat 'em up. And for me, if that's what I'm in the mood for, I prefer a fantasy isekai or reincarnation story. At least then there's a reason why the MC is superhuman and untouchable.

MC is no God, he is an idiot who go to an enemy camp barehanded, and when got in trouble, someone is going to save him, then he complains that the body can't keep up with his brain which made my head aches too often. Even Rambo who have Godmode on and wiping out a whole base wouldn't forget his trusty military knife.

edit: MC is not just an idiot, but acts like a 7 year old kid who wants to be an adult.

Who would reveal their identities to potential enemies? They are not even in their top condition. Now they have an unknown enemies lurking around them, and even other countries that have their eyes on them.

I guess this isn't my cup of tea, I've read 50 chapters, gave it some time, went nowhere.
Here's my review ( kinda has little spoilers ahead but not too much):

So, where should I start? yeah. If you like Melee fights, Harem, and other stuff, then this is for you! Although it may sound cool and all, it's just that. apparently no gun fights, generic action stunts, and the isekai thing is only there to make it more appealing. it's like the everyday generic modern cultivation manhwa, except of course removing the whole cultivation thing. There's no character development and he's still in this wild goose chase to avenge his own death and his team as well. pretty bad, but straightforward. It's just nonsense as to why Sharlan is still alive. 2 things to add. Like I said earlier, lots of knife fights, Martial Arts; and this random ability that makes him go berserk every time he looks like he's losing, which hasn't been explained since 50 chapters or so.
anyways go read it if you want. after all, it's better to experience it yourself if you have any doubts.

I know from personal experience that drawing guns is hard as fuck, but these 3d models are blursed. Like russianbadger 3d animation levels of blursed

Honestly I’d just read it for the facial expressions and the absolutely blursed guns

Dude ive only read a few chapters This Is Strait SLAPING my guy like its fire. Like bro 10/10 masterpiece

@dinqee I love scanlators but most of the time when they complain about aggregators, I agree with them unless they bring up good sites. Scanlation is piracy and copyright infringement unless you have a licensing and distributing from the original author/platform. So when scanlators bring up mangadex for example and call them aggregators I'd have to disagree when most of the time it's the scanlators themselves who upload to this site.

Aggregator gang
Literally just started reading this because of a certain comedic video

if you like harems, knife fights. and a protagonist who is a "good guy" here you go. personally i found it a waste of time because he doesn't act like a soldier (ie. promises not to kill people despite killing hundreds before he died) and then there's the conflict. there's no sense of fun in the conflict. mc is untouchable and op and he never loses. even while he's still not even close to his previous body's performance he still wins against pretty powerful people. tldr: this is just a fighting manga with a bland mc

Double-page supporter
This gives off the feel of being an escapist fantasy for someone that suffered from bulling in school or something.

The way it depicts/treats its female characters also feels kinda gross.

But really, the shadow the hedgehog vibes are just overwhelming.

Users who are viewing this thread