Hanazono-sanchi no Futago-chan - Ch. 22 - Inomura Momo

Dex-chan lover
This might be among the worst setups for a love rival/drama, with some of the most nonsensical reasoning I have ever seen.

Double-page supporter
Ok I don't like where this is going, the dynamic between yuriko and ranko already good as it is. Another love rival is just going to downgrade it to nisekoi-level damage, guess I'll just wait for the next chapter how the author will handle this.

Dex-chan lover
Yep, she's either like that forgotten mangaka girl or will be the third one in the race

Dex-chan lover
Our girl better not join the band now. In fact, this girl should regret her actions and then be forgotten. Such actions shouldn't be treated lightly. Because she wants the FMC to join her band, the FMC will join? Stupid trope. If she doesn't want to do it, just respect that.

And her unreasonableness should not be rewarded. Maybe if this was done in a more nonsensical story, I'd give it some room... but this story takes itself too seriously at times, so this kinda twist won't work. It's just annoying.

@Nihilist1 Wrong, in Nisekoi, at least the series itself was more episodic. It wasn't about love triangles or finding the secret person. Those were just MacGuffins for the series. It was a collection of stories about the characters meant to be enjoyed on their own with story elements for the series sprinkled just to give a clear ending.

This on the other hand is actually about the love triangle between 2 sisters and their childhood friend. It's completely different, even if they make this a harem.

Double-page supporter
@deathmailrock Did you just seriously said nisekoi isn't a love triangle? Nisekoi is the very definitive example of love triangle because the entire plot still revolves around onodera & chitoge on which one the promised girl to be with raku while other girls literally fell in love with raku waayyy later on. I don't mind if the plot revolved around onodera-raku-chitoge, but I DO mind when the plot is going to be stretched for hundred of chapters focusing on secondary girls we know that doesn't stand a damn chance.

The very same thing is currently happening in this manga, I don't mind the plot struggle between yuriko-tatara-ranko because it's amusing to this point. But here we are with the secondary character no one cares of that appears out-of-nowhere, rushed background story, and overall horribly built plot to introduce another love rival.

So no, this outline is totally similar with nisekoi plot-wise and it just did something worse than nisekoi.

Users who are viewing this thread