Hanazono-sanchi no Futago-chan

Just binged and caught up, gotta say Ranko is by far the better of the 2. Honestly Yuriko is quite selfish thinking that she could become an idol with a relationship ban and just expect the MC to still be in love with her until whenever this ban ends. Then to even suggest a top university in which he has no definitive career path yet😂 seriously he's gotta nut up and realize that Ranko is 100% perfect for him.
Really gives me a Nisekoi vibe

Group Leader
Reading this makes me feel old and I'm not even old, the plot is so generic

this is way too generic, everything about this is predictable. It's like a mind-blowing experience if he ever chooses yuki

Fed-Kun's army
Ye I think I'm gonna drop this gals are boring to me especially the pure maiden gal. Idols aren't that much better but I can root for Yuriko more cuz of how determined she is to get all things she wants. Ranko just kinda bleh. All of a sudden she has feelings for the mc when she had multiple chances before the story started. She's pretty all over the place tbh and I just find her boring. It'd be nice if Yuriko won cuz that would actually be interesting given Ranko gets so much attention but this series is pretty generic with it's pacing so it's obvious who's gonna win.

Dex-chan lover
It's generic. Imagine eating chips with no flavour. Even watching umaru-chan activates more electricity in my brain than this generic manga.

Fed-Kun's army
I bet this got axed because the mc is such a wimp, most of this kinda of manga the flaw is always the mc...

I realize any comments section is not a good candidate for thoughtful discussion, all the more so for many anime/manga comment sections. :p

But I want to put in a good word for Hanazono-sanchi. Just finished chapter 54 (had to look it up outside of Mangadex :( ), and the MC and another character resolve a typical romcom trope in a fairly mature way.

From the comments above, there are a lot of people just looking for something to hate. WTH did you expect from a gal/twin romcom? Go read Thomas Pynchon if you're looking for deep, thoughtful cross-disciplinary writing, man.

You don't usually watch Adam Sandler movies for their insightful geopolitical commentary, or even particularly deep relationship topics. But he still makes some pretty relatable albeit idealized family moments that we enjoy watching.

That's where I'm at with Hanazono-sanchi right now. The author did a nice job occasionally letting the characters recall a prior scene or character development. Not absolute top tier intricate plot connections over time and chapters, but much more than zero.

I may be biased b/c I recently waded through a bunch of third-rate romcom manga that didn't bother with any continuity whatsoever between scenes or character development/differentiation -- just serialized exercises in exaggerated T&A fan service. So this one feels competent and enjoyable by comparison.

And even though romcom MCs are deliberately milktoast placeholders for readers to self-insert, this MC has had a few moments where he took a bit of a stand. Again, not exactly Henry-V-at-Agincourt levels of speechwriting, but also definitely not completely spineless waffling (though there's enough of that as well, just to make the insecure man-children reading this feel superior about their miserable real lives). And honestly, even Shakespeare frequently resorted to potty humor and fan service to keep his audience's attention.

I'd give it 7/10, subject to change by the time I finish the last chapter, 73.

Edit: Looks like the publisher axed it hard. Last few chapters were really forced, but all I can feel is bad for the author, who had to abruptly wrap up their project prematurely. Up until the final chapters writing was still consistent, so still enjoyable. I don't watch Netflix, but I guess this is how Netflix users feel when their favorite show gets canned after a season. T_T

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread