Hatsukoi Losstime - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Watch Out for the Time Thief, Part 1

Dex-chan lover
I was worried about whether that whole number 1 thing would be hanging over their relationship so I'm glad to see it's likely resolved here. Obviously he has a complex a bit about this based on what he said about his sister, I suspect she's some genius that simply excelled without much effort in his eyes, so by recognising Shinomiya as someone like himself, someone who has worked hard to get where they are, it's essentially meant he doesn't need to resend her unjustly.
It's also interesting seeing the kind of family life he probably has. His parents seem to expect him to perform just as well as his sister and want him to follow the path they have decided. And living in his sister's shadow must not be easy if there is such a large difference in ability.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for picking this up, and finally a note at the end again.

Double-page supporter
Hey don't diss Illinois! I don't think we have any sports team that consistently wins but that's okay because we never had school spirit in the first place!!

Thanks for the translation btw

Dex-chan lover
Instead of "additional time", wouldn't "overtime" be the better word to use? Like a sports game goes into overtime.

Double-page supporter
It looks like this series picked up a strong editor between the first and second chapters. The first chapter was interesting, but wordy. There was way too much exposition and the dialogue did not feel natural (dialogue could have been a TL issue though). This chapter is markedly improved in both areas. Some writers need a stronger hand than others.

@TakeiDaloui The rivalry plot point felt shoehorned in. I wouldn’t be surprised if it ended up on the cutting room floor and we never (or barely) hear of it again after this. Of course, I haven’t read past this chapter yet, so I could already be completely wrong.

Dex-chan lover
If a girl joked about falsely accusing me of molestation I would be livid. Dunno how this guy was so chill with it.

Users who are viewing this thread