Have you guys ever read an author's work and thought "hmm, i want more" ?

Fed-Kun's army
Well, i have, and it happened twice!!!
First it was with Q. Hayashida after i read Dorohedoro and for the past week i have been reading every singles work made by Tsutomo Nihei after i read Blame!.
I think i loved their work mostly because of their mix of filthy art style --full of details on some scenes+particles that matches the evyromente, the kinda of stuff that makes you double read the manga chapters and check the details, or to try and understand what you just read-- and their wild-expasion of the story/world, that makes you feel like "doesn't matter how much content their make around this universe, i won't ever have enough of it".

1. Kodama Yuuki
I started trying her work from Sakamichi no Apollon. Tbh, I wasn't immediately interested but when I read Tsukikage Baby, I really liked it! There's this sense of gentle and mysterious air around her works so I become invested to read more.
2. Amagakure Gido
Amaama to Iinazuma bawl my eyes out. I'm not myself anymore since reading it. And I'm happy to know because she maintains her heartwarming tone in each of her works. I think she deserves to be better known.
3. Ono Natsume
To describe her works: edgy, hard-boiled, bossy, and powerful. I'm not saying that ACCA is kind of manga that represents me tho. I took quite a while to digest the political side of it but the overall atmosphere is very original.
4. Soonkki
Cheese in the Trap is really something else. She's the one who introduced me to webtoon world in 2015 and is still a manhwa author whose works I always look forward to because of her genius in telling stories. I observed her work to be realistic as well as enjoyable, and she has good detail and doesn't skimp on the development of her characters.

Contributor
  • Jaeliu after reading her two works. Beautiful art.:dogewow:
  • Banana not an author just a artist but... the works are really well drawn I want to read more of this quality.
  • 时一二 I don't know how to read it but beautiful and great stories with beautiful arts. I want more. :pepehmm:
  • Tan Jiu great author I want her to resume her main work/story or just to begin a new story. :fml:
  • Hayol great novelist.
  • Geulbi insane story/novel but sadly the manhwa is cancelled. :fml:x2

Dex-chan lover
Yotsuhara Furiko

That gal made the best yuri out there and goddamn did I wish she made more
She has such an unique style to her work and it would be lovely if she made an actual yuri series

Ningiyau

I really just want her to go back to making School Zone again, uggh I love that series and there are so many intriguing plot threads left in the air.

Dex-chan lover
Recently I've finished You Will hear the Voice of the Dead, so now I'm gearing myself for a full Uguisu Sachiko deep dive since most of her other series seem to be in that tongue-in-cheek gore vein.

Kouhei Shibata and Tsubana are great, and I've been really happy to see their stuff get gradually more attention over the past years. Imitation Crystal also can't draw new series fast enough. Where's my Spectral Wizard pt. 3?!

Daisuke Igarashi

I read their anthology "witches" and was utterly enthralled. Something about the art and themes speaks deeply to me. Currently reading "children of the sea" and enjoying it.

Dex-chan lover
Well, i have, and it happened twice!!!
First it was with Q. Hayashida after i read Dorohedoro and for the past week i have been reading every singles work made by Tsutomo Nihei after i read Blame!.
I think i loved their work mostly because of their mix of filthy art style --full of details on some scenes+particles that matches the evyromente, the kinda of stuff that makes you double read the manga chapters and check the details, or to try and understand what you just read-- and their wild-expasion of the story/world, that makes you feel like "doesn't matter how much content their make around this universe, i won't ever have enough of it".
I like the art style, as it reminds me of Shirow Masumune stuff (Appleseed/Ghost In the Shell) and Yukito Kishiro's Battle Angel Alita. Nothing in the anime or live action versions have ever captured the atmosphere or emotions from the original mangas. Thanks for the recommendation!

Dex-chan lover
Anything by Sahara Mizu, even the genre(s) I usually avoid. Her art and story composition are just so...lyrical.

Honestly these days as soon as I find a title I find even moderately interesting, the first thing I do is look up the artist/author profile to see what else is waiting in the wings.

Dex-chan lover
Anything by Sahara Mizu, even the genre(s) I usually avoid. Her art and story composition are just so...lyrical.

Honestly these days as soon as I find a title I find even moderately interesting, the first thing I do is look up the artist/author profile to see what else is waiting in the wings.
On that note, I read Tetsugaku Letra by chance some months ago, but didn't connect the dots until your post that she's the same author as "My Girl" and "Our Happy Hours". Both of those used to be all over the place on people's rec lists some years back.

Users who are viewing this thread