Hazure Skill "Kage ga Usui" o Motsu Guild Shokuin ga, Jitsuha Densetsu no Ansatsusha - Ch. 36 - Business Trip to the Royal Capital (Part 2)

Dex-chan lover
Loran would make a better guild manager than just an employee. His talents aren't fully put to use working at the reception. He might actually serve the best as the manager of a newly established guild branch in a growing frontier town. He would get things working perfectly from scratch. But in the end, it's of course his own decision.
The problem with that is that Loran's goal this whole time has been to make a life for himself as a low-level employee with the presence of a piece of beige furniture, but his inability to restrain his competence keeps betraying him and drawing attention. He never wanted to be the bureaucratic hero that saves the guild from its cancerous middle management and he definitely doesn't want the notoriety running his own branch would invite.

Dex-chan lover
The problem with that is that Loran's goal this whole time has been to make a life for himself as a low-level employee with the presence of a piece of beige furniture, but his inability to restrain his competence keeps betraying him and drawing attention. He never wanted to be the bureaucratic hero that saves the guild from its cancerous middle management and he definitely doesn't want the notoriety running his own branch would invite.
That's indeed true. But in the end, managers are also normal people. Loran's concept of normal is unrealistically narrow, which means he can't even fit himself into his own standard.

Dex-chan lover
When it comes to willing people, there usually aren't any burdens, just improper applications and positions.

"What you're doing is helping us too much and making me look bad! You're such a troublemaker!"
That's about what he said, right?

Yes, go out to buy some milk.

Actually changed?

I wouldn't say they're your friends as much as they're your colleagues. There should probably be a decent overlap, but you need to be able to work with people who aren't your friends.

"Such an unlovable fellow."
Saying that to a harem protagonist.

I do like that he changed his tune before he heard how highly valued he was by others. Makes it seem less shallow, even if it was sudden.

"You're not normal!"
Most horrible things you can say to someone with that kind of complex.

"What's normal is yours to decide."
Not quite true. Normal is normal. But you decide what's acceptable.

I really like the art here. The expressions are great. Still a bit samey as usual when it comes to faces, but not as bad as many others.

Hard to believe the branch manager would change just like that. It can't have been news to him that his employees disliked him with the way he has been behaving, and even if, I bet that within two weeks of Loran being gone everything would be back to the way it was before.
Yeah, it's a bit sudden. Although they never did speak up before, so that might've been enough of a shock.

Dex-chan lover
Wow, could have literally ended the series right here, and I'd be good with it. Loran, who's been trying to be what other people think as normal, finally realizes that normal is the everyday stuff you do in life; i.e. things you've become accustomed to.

Since they didn't end it, I think its about time to introduce a foe that can actually threaten him. He has yet to once go all out. The most he's ever used his strength was against Laila, and that was in chapter 1, and even then, he wasn't pushed to anything close to a limit.

Wow, could have literally ended the series right here, and I'd be good with it. Loran, who's been trying to be what other people think as normal, finally realizes that normal is the everyday stuff you do in life; i.e. things you've become accustomed to.

Since they didn't end it, I think its about time to introduce a foe that can actually threaten him. He has yet to once go all out. The most he's ever used his strength was against Laila, and that was in chapter 1, and even then, he wasn't pushed to anything close to a limit.
They can just continue with a slow slice of live story and he needs sometimes to help other branchement. You do not need a foe in every story

Dex-chan lover
Lailia being insightful while at the same time she shows off the other girl's underwear to her husband.

Dex-chan lover
Thanks for the translation.

Hard to believe the branch manager would change just like that. It can't have been news to him that his employees disliked him with the way he has been behaving, and even if, I bet that within two weeks of Loran being gone everything would be back to the way it was before.
Most people just live their life without ever thinking about their own action and their impact.
So it's possible to change someone if you can make him understand that his way of life is totaly wrong, it improbable but not impossible for it to work.

Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
They can just continue with a slow slice of live story and he needs sometimes to help other branchement. You do not need a foe in every story
I would agree that it would be satisfying if that's all he did, and there was no foe(and by 'foe' I mean an ultimate evil that he is constantly battling), but personally, I want to see the limits of his strength. I'm not looking for a Prof Moriarty/Sherlock Holmes-esque rivalry; just a one-time foe which showcases Loran's true strength.

I think a good example is Frieren, if you've watched that anime(I don't read the manga). Sure, its random meanderings were storytelling at its finest, but seeing the depths of her knowledge and skill, you want to see what she can truly do if she went all out. And that's something we got within the confines of its run. It only happened once, but that's good enough.

Dex-chan lover
Loran would make a better guild manager than just an employee. His talents aren't fully put to use working at the reception. He might actually serve the best as the manager of a newly established guild branch in a growing frontier town. He would get things working perfectly from scratch. But in the end, it's of course his own decision.
Being a manager sucks though; they never pay you enough for the amount of stress it entails.

Double-page supporter
at least that shitty branch manager admits his shitty ways & ask for help to improve himself.

Reactions: GK
Dex-chan lover
He hasn't given Iris a good dicking for ages. Not to mention that Milia is still a virgin. Give some more love to your harem Loran, even your main waifu condones.

Dex-chan lover
Did you die?
Course' not. Two head stitches. It will be there for life.

GTO car scenario is pretty accurate when it comes to accidents.

Moral of the story - bulk up if you want to survive. Really. Never aim for those six packs.

Dex-chan lover
He hasn't given Iris a good dicking for ages. Not to mention that Milia is still a virgin. Give some more love to your harem Loran, even your main waifu condones.
His wife pushing for it too. Even if she'll be slightly jealous.

Thanks for the TL

Users who are viewing this thread