Help me with the Fate series

Dex-chan lover
I don't know why google won't just give me the simple answer

I want to start Fate
but in the anime airing order
including its spin-offs

I don't want the "correct" order/timeline yet

If possible
including its mangas (main and spin-offs)

Dex-chan lover
Tip, don't bother with the Anime of Deen.
Just read the original VN, watch Zero afterwards, then play Fate//Extra(AVOID the Anime) and drop the franchise afterwards. If you really want, you can do the UBW Series and Heaven Feels films afterwards, but I honestly recommend starting with the VN, as it has a much better structured entrypoint, with the story slowly unraveling over the routes. Then Fate//Hollow Ataraxia. I guess the Prism Ilya Series is also good, but other than that, the Franchise doesn't have much quality left.
And I guess Fate/Strange Fake

Also watch Zero after Stay night, as, while it is a prequel, it is heavily written to be consumed thereafter, as it spoils quite a lot of plotpoints that are intended to be surprising.

Avoid Deens adaptation, Fate Apocrypha(Has some great characters, yet is a pretty terrible story centered around the weakest-written of them) Fate Grand Order(Though the Manga Adaptation is at least decent, clear away from that gacha game for your own good)

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I don't think you should avoid the first Anime by Deen, it's like disrespectful to tradition maan.
And yeah read the VN for sure.

Dex-chan lover
I don't think you should avoid the first Anime by Deen, it's like disrespectful to tradition maan.
And yeah read the VN for sure.
Oh, you should.
It misadapts the story, including parts that happen in other routes, and makes the much better Fate Route seem bad by association.
At least watch it only after reading the original

Dex-chan lover
@panzerkampfwagyu
@MilkDrinker

Thanks for the advise, but I don't really have much time to spare to play the original VN, but also its old art style. Sorry guys
I watch it on 1,25x speed (or more)
If you don't read the VN, you are pretty much missing out on of the best parts of the entire franchise.
Like, it's your choice, but personally, I would argue the franchise isn't worth to be looked at if the best parts are ignored.
If time is a problem, just use this here to play it on your phone when you are on a long drive or something.
And the artstyle is fine, not sure what you are on about.

Dex-chan lover
If you don't read the VN, you are pretty much missing out on of the best parts of the entire franchise.
Like, it's your choice, but personally, I would argue the franchise isn't worth to be looked at if the best parts are ignored.
If time is a problem, just use this here to play it on your phone when you are on a long drive or something.
And the artstyle is fine, not sure what you are on about.
Wait, just to make sure (I'm not native English)
I can play the Fate VN on my phone?

Dex-chan lover
Wait, just to make sure (I'm not native English)
I can play the Fate VN on my phone?
From what I read there, yes. Though it requires emulation and you only can get the Realta Nua version, so none of the good old NSFW parts.
Tho that may be preferable in public.
Emulator is apparently called XP3Player

Dex-chan lover
Alternatively, you could use the Website version here https://fatestaynight.vnovel.org/ tho honestly, I really recommend taking the time and reading the normal VN instead, Desktop Version and getting immersed in the story, it's a worthwhile use of time

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread