Hime-chan wa Omoi Onna - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - Painful Days

Dex-chan lover
The mangaka is, in all likelihood, depicting behavior they do or have done in the past that has been called needy by others. They might or mightn't agree with that description, but this feels like the mangaka lightly making fun of themself.

Fed-Kun's army
Challenge: count how many bunnies there are
On page 17 there are two bunny drawings, three bunny plushies, and her bunny hair tie (6).
18, there's a bunny on her shirt, the plushie she squeezes, and her phone (9).
19, the bunny sticker she sent (10).
20, the emoji, the three plushies, and the bunny printed on the box (15).

Hopefully I haven't double-counted a plushie, but I'm pretty sure they're all different

Dex-chan lover
one super realistic and relatable here thing is how fucked up her phone screen is. Like, it's terribly broken beyond words, but it still functions just fine so she still uses it (or she may not have enough money to replace it right now, or she is saving money to buy a newer, better phone instead). Point is, it's super relatable!

Either I'm really crazy or she's so normal
Exactly, I'm having hard time painting her character as needy in my mind. While not perfectly normal, what she's doing isn't exactly different than normal.
right? Her behaviors so far are exactly how I imagine most lovers/people who are dating to be. As someone who has been single most of my life, even I understand the feeling of wanting someone next to you when you're feeling down.
And even though she said "Words won't do it today, I need to hear her voice", she immediately went to sleep when Yoru texted her. She's not even that clingy!

anw, I assume her behaviors will get progressively more and more needy/clingy, and we're only just starting. At least I hope so, because so far she's been really realistic/relatable to me and idk how to feel about that lol

thanks Nosebleed and SkyeKurisu for the chapter!!!

Group Leader
Hopefully I haven't double-counted a plushie, but I'm pretty sure they're all different
Sorta different but also the same!
This is touched upon a bit (it's not a spoiler so don't worry) but you'll notice Himeno is really into this bunny character called nemusagi (sleepy bunny), which I'm pretty sure is just a knock off of Sanrio's My Melody but with closed eyes. So all the bunnies are the same character but just in different poses/outfits.

If you take a look even in chapter 1 you can already see sleepy bunny-themed things (phone case and shirt logo), and many more will appear throughout the manga.

I'm not sure ff this is the author self-inserting their love for bunnies/my melody in the manga or something, but I found it fun to notice how many there are.

But please don't make a drinking game out of it, I assure you you won't make it out alive past vol 1.

Dex-chan lover
But please don't make a drinking game out of it, I assure you you won't make it out alive past vol 1.
Drinking game it is then!

Thanks for translating this, after the first 2 chapters I already love Hime-chan. I'm needy myself so I'm looking forward to more!

Users who are viewing this thread