Hiraheishi wa Kako wo Yumemiru - Vol. 5 Ch. 37 - The Holy City

Dex-chan lover
Anyone else feel like there's a major gap between this chapter and the previous one?

Double-page supporter
They should really say if the chapter is a flashback or not

Dex-chan lover
There's literally nothing indicating this is a flashback. Poorly done.

Fed-Kun's army
That was so confusing for a while as I really couldn’t tell if it was a time skip or flashback... like sure, a flashback would be more likely, but a ton of manga pull random-ish timeskips. Strange decision unless something was somehow lost in translation? But the TL seems really good so I sorta doubt that.

Dex-chan lover
Flashback or whatever, the healer/saint is cute. I approve of more cute megane girls wherever they appear.

glad I'm not the only one who got jarred by "is this a flashback again or not".

minor rant but I really don't like when too many get used in a series, or for too long with no real good clear indicator. might just drop it for a while and re-read once the flashback junk is done.

If it is a flashback, then I have to agree that it was quite confusing. At least, it explained why there wasn't a hero just yet

Double-page supporter
I think this is setting up the next chapter to be a complete inversion of what happened "the first time".

Dex-chan lover
@loyalviewer55 Thanks; the issue, as others have pointed out, is that there's nothing to indicate it's a flashback at all. Series typically have the decency to use black bordered pages to indicate flashbacks and I believe this one's used them in the past, so the lack is incredibly jarring.

Dex-chan lover
Hot librarian, hot teacher, hot swordswoman, hot soul-eating demon, too bad it's not a harem~

Dex-chan lover
Every time this gets an update, I always ask what, who, where, why and how in succession.

Users who are viewing this thread