Home Centre Sales Clerk’s Life in Another World

Dex-chan lover
I've read all the chapters currently available, and consider it somewhat entertaining but flawed to a point where it requires putting in a decent amount of effort just to stay interested.

Now, for starters, it's tagged "shoujo", so the limitations on what characters can and can't do are quite obvious. There's no gore and human suffering, even if the situation warrants it.
One day, a member of royalty waltzes in to OPs demihuman village, and starts talking about Lebensraum, human superiority and relocating to special areas for keeping demihumans (I shit you not). Then this blonde, long-haired Heydrich first tries to uproot them, and then calls for reinforcements to genocide them off the land wholesale.

It is not shown but it is told to the audience that this kind of Sonderaktion is normal in their universe, with violence, deaths and losses. Yet there's this gap between the world that the author bases their story in, and what actually happens around MC. In my opinion, you can't have one (violent, terrible backdrop) without the other.

There's also shit happening that doesn't make sense in the setting. One of the first action scenes felt like a joke.
You have those "terrorists" who take a whole store hostage to demand an insane ransom, a getaway car and a fully fueled helicopter to take them whereever the fuck.
It doesn't make sense in the setting. It does not. Anyways, for me, this lands in the pile of huge and cheesy events rising up and being solved fast, with an air of irrelevance.

Then the MC makes her getaway from the shitshow, "hiding away" in a known village of demihumans engaging in active trade with the humans. It feels like "whoa let's lay low", but it's god-damn painfully stupid if you think about it.

And there's this political system.

Sixty-something heirs competing at once? Are you shitting me? What insane, unimaginable amount of territory, manpower and wealth does each one have? How the hell do they have these armies in basically peacetime, and how the heck do they supply them, with farming probably being labour-heavy and low-yield. How is this country not a scorched pit of hell, where randomly passing large military units forage through nearby towns and villages, just to stay afloat?

And how does the Dear King stay in place, when his 60-something offspring can all have large military units at their disposal? Is it some magic cult of personality that keeps one of them from marching in the capital and becoming the ruler straight off the bat? Or does he have a large enough guard unit to keep that from happening?

Also, the idea of making a formal, scoreboard-based contest out of inheriting the throne while giving each heir insane amount of power (military yo) is a recipe for a prolonged civil war after everyone else forms factions and ousts the winner. Having no clear heir is bad juju. The delicate power balance between nobles and royal family should also be in shambles, because no way in hell do the nobles benefit from these retarded olympic games they're playing.

I know little, but what I do know points me in a direction of seeing it as bullshit. You can't have this kind of governance, economy and technology (including agriculture), and end up in a situation like that.

Anyways, my prediction is that no bad character can die or be mutilated because of the target audience, no matter how many "camps" they make, how many children they XXXX or demihuman women they XXXX with a broomhandle. That's a disturbing contrast between what's happening and what's shown for me.

I like the series. Not all isekai need to be deep or have a complex story.
Sure, we're probably being painted a pretty picture ontop of a horrific history, but what's the issue with that?
isekai is escapism, for both writer and reader, and more often then not it doesn't delve deeper than that as its origin.

I read all the chapters so far and couldn't stop smiling, it's the perfect escapism I wanted. It's gentle, but not without a few complications the MC has to face. I think it has a really slow start and we only just reached the first actual climax, the whole thing from meeting that one guy and such, that's more set up and it makes sense.

I sincerely hope that more of this gets released.

Users who are viewing this thread