Honzuki no Gekokujou ~Shisho ni Naru Tame ni wa Shudan wo Erandeiraremasen~ Dai 2-bu 「Hon no Tamenara Miko ni Naru!」 - Vol. 3 Ch. 12 - A Source of An…

ok so first of all thanks for the chapter and second of all i'm sure the brother is acting like that but fuck him anyway

Thank you for the chapter! I've already read the English LNs, but I still want to see the manga~

The workshop his family works at is going to make less money because of Lutz also if the boss hears one of his employees sons cost the workshop money it may affect his family negatively. As he said he's just doing his job but his family who never wanted him to be a merchant won't be happy with this action. Also he's jealous of course. It's hard to accept as an older brother if your younger brother is better at anything and Lutz is earning a lot of money more than any of his brothers also there's a bright future ahead of him.

Dex-chan lover
@Blue_Berret Standing on the merchants' side despite being from an artisan (producer) family. Merchants always try to pay as little as possible to the producers to maximise their own profits, even going around from one craftsman to another to find the one agreeing to the lowest price ever, thus eventually forcing all of them to lower their prices to stay in business. Of course there could also be another merchant willing to sell for a lower price, thus forcing the first merchant to also lower their prices to stay in business. However, an artisan might not see or care about that second step, so they would only see merchants trying to pay a pittance for the craftsman's hard work.

That's how capitalism works. However, in practice in ye olde times there were also the powerful guilds mixed in the play, so things were less straightforward, but it also greatly reinforced the partisan mentality.

The brother has it wrong. Even when haggling over a price, the fact is that a customer just doesn't fall out of the sky.
They can take their order somewhere else which also can take Benno with them. meaning that you just lost 2 customers at once.
The fact that the brother works there should be an extra incentive to keep them there. Easy access to clientele.

Also the brother has no say in the pricing and that is literally the job of the smug dude.
So whatever he does the brother and the family are not responsible, certainly not at a mutually agreed price.
If the smug dude isn't in agreement then the deal doesn't get made. He signed off and it is his responsibility.

If the boss takes it out on his employee and his family then he just sucks at selling his merchandise. Every craftsman needs his clientele or he will go out of business.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaarme @Blue_Berret
Haggling is not a merchant only thing. Merchants just are better at it. The likely reason for dickhead bro is because Lutz 'betrayed' the family by going his own way, other than the one their father wants him to. Also, hierarchy - how dare my little brother (who is 'lower' than me) talk like that to my superior, and finally he might get f* by his boss.

Aggregator gang
The novel made it pretty clear that the workshop was actually trying to scam Myne, since they saw she was just a kid, so they tried to overprice it. Lutz only haggled it back to what Myne had offered at the beginning, which was already a pretty good pay for the job (since she's not ordering 1 item, but 70 at a time).

Double-page supporter
Oooh. The problem of most artisans, "pricing their work for what its worth".

This explains the writing pad and those wooden teaching tiles.

Group Leader
so that is why we had that episode in anime about Lutz’ family
the anime moves so quick, I’m glad the manga explains a lot of things

Dex-chan lover
I read the LNs but I never really felt Lutz's family had a good reason for opposing his work. He was gainfully employed, making more money than anyone else, with serious connections but just wanted to keep treating him like he was trash. Yet they supposedly were only concerned for him. Just didn't make sense.

I think the family has issues with it because they dont think women want to marry a dude that travels as a merchant? Well that and the typical issue of "He thinks hes better than us now!".

Users who are viewing this thread