Horimiya - Vol. 16 Ch. 119.7 - Twenty Years Before

Fed-Kun's army
It took me five pages to realize that this is not Kyoko but her mother. I thought we were about to be introduced to a new love rival (which would be way, wayyyy too late now)

@tickub Now that you mentioned it. I remembered the parents mentioned having Kyoko like at 18 or 19 in one chapter, and Kyoko and Sengoku are the same age.

Dex-chan lover
I agree the the time skip stuff is kinda annoying but It's nice to see some interactions of the side characters...
Is what I'd say but it's been just side character's for a while now.

Dex-chan lover
@Jackist We're not in the time skip. This is a flashback about Hori's parents. I do wish we'd get back to more present day stuff though.

Dex-chan lover
@Kaizeel You need to remember that it seems longer mainly because of the actual real time we got to wait...

@Jackist You do realize that the time skip was only 2 chapters, right??? Aren't you over reacting? You're acting like it was a large part or something....

If you don’t like it dragging then just go??

There’s no use commenting it here since we can’t change anything lmao.

Just enjoy what we have and appreciate the amazing translation group instead.

Aggregator gang
LOL Mama Hori had Ara Ara vibes since the highschool. What can one say, the parents in manga have their personalities since birth.

what anime and manga teach me is never to confront a character who has his/her eyes closed. They are scary

Dex-chan lover
@deathmailrock

Thanks that's all I wanted to know.

But you know why I hate time skips, the same reason everyone hates time skips in Manga. It's the death knell, the time curse, the world line no wanted.

It's the author saying... "wow I'm tired of writing this" and leaving any loose end to a single panel explanation, where two characters stand beside each other holding a baby, or the high school boy is suddenly in a suit as his sweetheart kisses him goodbye to work, where bad guys are standing side by side with their enemies and everyone's happy.

And it's not even a knock against time skips in general, because I have seen it done well plenty of times just not in Slice of Life romance manga's. It always is the mark of a rough ending.

Group Leader
This was a nice chapter but jesus christ, Hori is toxic. They were a cute couple at first but now I want him to run away from her as fast as possible....

Dex-chan lover
I want him to cheat on Hori just to see what happens (but also because she deserves it)

Users who are viewing this thread