Houjou Urara no Ren'ai Shousetsu Okakinasai! - Vol. 1 Ch. 4

I know it’s meant to be comic relief for her to act stuck up to him when in actuality she means well, but this act of hers is starting to get very annoying and makes me sympathize with the mc more and hate her even more. It’s starting to rinse and repeat now. She really needs to stop threatening him when she doesn’t mean to. It’s getting very annoying to deal with. I honestly hope the mc would just be honest with himself and just accept the fact that there’s nothing wrong if someone finds out you’re a mangaka and ditch this annoying stuck up brat.

Dex-chan lover
Okay seriously, “common pleb”; “bottom of the caste” who talks like that in this day in age with a straight face?! I’m actually really surprised they aren’t being bullied; the girl that most seems to hate “commoners” just seems like a chuuni to me. We’re kinda past social classes (economic classes are very real though, but no one I know will use medieval terms to denote that).

Okay, still loving how self aware the main heroine is and its great that the make lead is starting to realize her true personality as it leaks through the rough cracks. In my experience (reading other tsundere series) chapter 4 is fairly early for him to start realizing that she’s actually a good person and fairly kind (I love these chapter lengths; like so so much. I just want to take a minute to express how much I want to take the number of pages in each chapter and marry it; a good chapter size just does wonders for the pacing and progression; I’d argue that if the author released them in parts over the same period of time the pacing and progression still wouldn’t feel as smooth because I’d have to hop between chapters so much). As someone bad with conversations and social situations myself I do have to say texting and instant messaging is a GOD SEND for those of us better at expressing ourselves with words (typed) as opposed to direct conversation. So much personality and my true meaning goes through a text than my awkward conversation.

Basically though the moral of this story is if everyone in the world had their own Yoshida we’d all be a nicer and more self-aware lot. Those other girls could clearly use a Yoshida. Also she said to go for lunch and invited him to dinner; was that a joke or a translation error? I just don’t know how to take it.

Dex-chan lover
I've hated her for three chapters and I'm rather surprised the author actually did make her somewhat softer in this one. I just hope they'd get over her attitude soon enough because it's irritating as hell. Yoshida education MVP.

… and I guess you could be as much of an ass as you want if you've got the money to threaten just about anyone at school, huh. Those fucking girls….

Dex-chan lover
This may be the American in me, but how big is Japan on inter-class relationships?

I'd assume that because of the post-war reformations, they'd be significantly less prone to that kind of judgement than other East Asian traditions, but still I find it interesting it's basically like a mixture of a caste system here and European royalty

@TNT261 I'd assume it's probably the translator trying to think of the best words that fit with the original. try to remember that this is being translated by someone most likely unrelated with the original author of this manga, unless you're pointing that statement toward the translator then...

Dex-chan lover
...it's annoying, but you have to admit, it's a step up from before. She's a lot nicer in this chapter even if she's blunt, the maid is taking a more direct hand in things, and she's starting to be more honest at least through text.

It's progress, and that's enough to make me stick with it.

I feel like the “caste” thing suffers from being lost in translation here in the USA, where we literally have it stated in our Constitution that we neither confer nor respect titles of nobility (Article 1 Section 9 Clause 8), as opposed to the rest of the world where that sort of thing has dominated most of history. Defying status is sort of ingrained here. Even the idea of correctly applying honorifics—where day-to-day speech is changes based on the relative status of the person you’re addressing—seems so unnatural to me, coming from a place where “We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal.”

I like this. There's actual progress and it's fun to read. Thank you for the chapter

Dex-chan lover
It's just a typical richfag vs poorfag romance dynamic anime ojou-sama edition.
Thing is older than time in storytelling, why are people acting like this is some deep and profound impossible to understand thing? You people never heard of classism? Never seen someone being given shit for being a poorfag? C'mon son.

Dex-chan lover
The commoner trope is pretty annoying... I like ojou-samas and their ohohohoho, but these "friends" are despicable. Also, they're not nobles, they're just filthy rich xD

Aggregator gang
This gets better every chapter ngl, it’s making slow enough progress for a lot of chapters but it’s also making it feel like they’re taking huge steps in their relationship every chapter as well

Users who are viewing this thread