How to get manhua raws for translating?

So I'm a complete newbie to scanlating (not part of any group) who's been working on translating manhua into English, mostly as a way to practice my Chinese. Trouble is that I can't find any information about how to obtain manhua raws so I can actually edit the text. The guides to scanlation I've read seem to either skip over that step straight to editing or only discuss how to scan physical copies of manga.

Preferably I'd like to be able to buy the chapters legally from somewhere and support the artist. Otherwise, how do scanlators usually get raws? Do they just screenshot the images or something similar?

Edit: Never mind! Finally figured it out after reading around a bit :)

So I'm a complete newbie to scanlating (not part of any group) who's been working on translating manhua into English, mostly as a way to practice my Chinese. Trouble is that I can't find any information about how to obtain manhua raws so I can actually edit the text. The guides to scanlation I've read seem to either skip over that step straight to editing or only discuss how to scan physical copies of manga.

Preferably I'd like to be able to buy the chapters legally from somewhere and support the artist. Otherwise, how do scanlators usually get raws? Do they just screenshot the images or something similar?

Edit: Never mind! Finally figured it out after reading around a bit :)
The answer is you cant honestly, if you want it legally, you'll need to pay handsomely or travel to the 'seven seas'..

Users who are viewing this thread