Hyouge Mono - Vol. 12 Ch. 126 - Days of the starving

Dex-chan lover
Damn it, seeing Kiyomasa in a tough spot like this is really painful.

I've also heard about exhausting supplies in sieges, but never really thought that water was part of it since it's usually associated with rice and grain with some dried meat as far as I know.

Kuroda Nagamasa.... I thought that was Kanbei (who has killed Hideyoshi's brother too in the manga if I'm not mistaken), but apparently it was his son.

Edit: What is that gun the Koreans are using? I never see one like that

@Grimmycoffee His Bruce Lee persona notwithstanding (call it the 'Kato connection', if you get the reference), I personally find it rather hard to sympathize with someone who went on and beyond what was called of him to partake in wholesale slaughter of a people who (as far as I know at least) posed no threat to the Japanese, in service of bogus notions of 'honor' and what have you. Reading about the historical character would make one feel even less sympathetic, frankly.

Edit: It's worth noting here that this is very likely the point where Mitsunari ends up antagonizing Kiyomasa for good, it costs him dearly later on when
Kiyomasa's siding with Tokugawa gives the latter a decisive edge against him at Sekigahara.

That aside, seeing the year 1598 is a rather ominous sign given that it's the year
Hideyoshi finally croaks
Shit's gonna come fallin apart left and right from here on...

> What is that gun the Koreans are using? I never see one like that
...would it be too much of a stretch to call it a Trigun?

Damn, I really don't envy Ishida in the position that he's in. He too seems to want for the war to end, but since he's in charge, he can't just go and tell Hideyoshi that it can't be done. So he will become a ruthless, unreasonable taskmaster in everyone's eyes.

I think that gun is a hand cannon (handgonne). A primitive ancestor to all other guns. The people from Irontown in Princess Mononoke had similar guns.

Dex-chan lover
I was under the impression the Ming Dynasty had European style guns as well, just did not know how to integrate them into mixed armies consisting of gunpowder and non gunpowder infantry. Anyway thanks for the chapter as usual.

Users who are viewing this thread