I Awoke as an Imprisoned Villainess - Ch. 5

Double-page supporter
I not complaining much if it's MTL as long the i able to understand the context but please be consistent with the font choice. Use the typical font any scanlator would use for daily normal conversation. Fancy font carry some meaning or emotion when reading, that is why these kind of font were only use when the chara being expressive.

Dex-chan lover
The Typesetting and the Translation are both nauseating to read.
The font choices are inconsistent and terribly picked. The translation is definitely MTL and the grammar is non-existent.

I wish MTL-using "Scanlators" would at least have the basic English knowledge to write sentences properly.
  • "This was... Fruit Ivy!" It's not an ex-Fruit Ivy, it still exists in the present. Use "Is".
  • "Did you picked something up wierd and ate it?" It's still a present tense thing (not sure of the specific rule) and it's weird, not 'wierd'. Basic spellchecking software exists in almost every text processing tool.

I'd give more examples but I would just be doing your work for you.

Dex-chan lover
Big improvement on the font front. If you want to go the extra mile, I recommend the font "CC Wild Words Roman" (or your preferred variation thereof) for that seasoned scanlation look.

Group Leader
If you would like, please send me a message either here or discord (same username) I'd like to help out on this series. If you send me the PSD's I can fix them up (I'll help work on chapter 6 when it comes out too, but that isn't out yet)

Group Leader
or any of these fonts:
View attachment 636
(mentioned in the comments section of the last chapter)
I 2nd this. The 8 fonts in the link go a LONG way, the only thing I feel like it's missing is a font that just has that really powerful feeling. I've seen a lot of people use the Badaboom font for that. (I also use AnimeAce2, but that's just a me thing)

Users who are viewing this thread