I Awoke as an Imprisoned Villainess - Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
Finally, someone (presumably) believes that both are switched, which is nice.

Also, what will he do if he meets the original Violet? Shouting? Longing? Slapping? Who knows?

Dex-chan lover
It's something very unbelievable to begin with, but I think it took an adequate amount of time for him to come around.
I think what I liked about him coming around was that it showed that not only he really knew the original Violet, but despite her attitude, personality, and actions, he was still greatly reluctant in doing anything that would hurt her; such as giving her the bouquet and upon seeing her accept it, it made him realize indeed that she's truly a different individual.

Dex-chan lover
Honestly, I'm enjoying this greatly. While it didn't take him long to believe her, it's in no way farfetched imo, especially since he knew the original violet along with her distaste for looking at flowers.

I imagine that things will get incredibly hectic going forward especially when she meets violet in her original body. Looking forward to it.
seeing the flashback, its not a simple dislike but a literal trauma, i dont think itd be an easy feat to feign being happy about it, even for our queen villainess lol

and i think he's not 100% believing her either, he's just more inclined to hear her side of the story, and i believe we'll see him being doubtful a few more time (until he meets the villainess in the body of MC, it'll be kinda blatant that SHE is the villainess and that they indeed exchanged bodies)

Dex-chan lover
the reason why this is a pivotal point to believe in her story, it is insinuated that the original Violet loved luxury but hated flowers because it reminds her of her mother's state of dying.
though I am a little confused by the Prince because of relevant spoilers:
it's previously mentioned in the manga that she was being spoiled because despite being punished, she was locked up in luxury. the reason given is that the king dotes on his neice. so I don't quite know why the crown prince stress that Violet should be given flowers when the spoilers make it seem like the crown prince and his cousin, ogViolet were close. either his judgement isn't clear, or that he's heard about her change in personality and is potentially testing her like this
the manga makes two suspicious points 1) while Violet is pretentious and arrogant, she would have never raised a hand at someone personally because it would be beneath her. 2) the fact that she never have previous interactions with the crown prince's fiancee.
for a little bit of context, Violet is rightfully pretentious because she can back it up. the Duke previously made the statement that there is no precedent for bodyswap magic, and this is because Violet invented it.
the reason for the incident leading to her imprisonment is because she has suspicion that her cousin's current fiancee is putting the crown prince under some sort of drugged influence. which is why Violet targetted Sophia, who comes from a lineage of talents alchemists. Violet needs Sophia's cooperation, and the ability to move around.

Dex-chan lover
yo I feel like I’m tripping, the Impact font in bold makes it seem like they’re all shouting at the top of their lungs

bold and large does not fix everything

https://blambot.com/collections/dialogue-fonts
this has a bunch of fonts to use for dialogue so pick your favorite

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
I know this is just some fan translation, but please... PLEASE! don't drop a letter of a word to the next line. It's insane! Just on page 1 there's purchase-d, for some insane reason separated. Like if a word absolutely doesn't fit, you can use a-dash to take it to another line, but it's only when separating syllables, you can't just drop the d on the next line, it's just absurd :slap:

Users who are viewing this thread