I dont know if this is the real Problem on MangaDex , so im just posting this

MangaDex while not blameless in this, comes out looking better by a mile. The idea that MD is going to go legit at the expense of the community is laughable. As others have said they can not do it without replacing hundreds or even thousands of scanlator works with legit translations. It would take a gigantic amount of money to do so. MD knows that it isn't practical and has known it from the beginning. Leaving the site over fears of MD going legit is clearly just a pretext.

This drama of a credits page could have been avoided had the group just taken the mature path and ignored it.

These groups just had their work removed with barely any announcement. Thousands of readers will just have the series they like just disappear without knowing why. The groups leaving could have uploaded chapters with a page at the beginning clearly saying that they will not be uploading anymore to MD and to go to their sites for future releases. Instead those series will just go dark and most readers will have no idea why. This was just a rotten move that punishes the readers for whatever problems that the groups had with MD.

Imagine not having a scanlator's code of conduct section in your rules (this should be a thing in general). Who cares if they get donations btw? Sure, scanlating shouldn't be a job as it's illegal, but sharing passion is the sole reason donation became a thing. I don't discount the possibility of some weasels exploiting this system to make some valuable shekels due to currency exchange ratios across continents & regions, but... yeah, moot point. If you're making a living from solely this - you have my pity. I feel genuinely sorry for you, and I wish your life will improve. Also, curb your conceit, MD. Y'all were too aggressive in this, and in a professional sense, even 'attempting' to meme on something serious like this was a huge demerit to not only yourself but your supporters - it's like you think being funny warrants shooting yourself in the foot. Also, I hope the scanlators are transparent when they claim greed is not the driving force behind their executive decisions...
Treat each other nicely and we can all enjoy these beautiful pieces of art. Right?

Terrible PR on MD's end. Loads of anger from readers and scanlators. Imagine wanting to kill your own hobby this bad, because you feel entitled to more. MD's premise is amazing, but you're all misled if you think you can claim righteousness in any form whatsoever. Curb your greed, both readers & scanlators. Humble yourselves a little. That's my take on it - as someone else repeatedly said in the mega thread that's now locked, all of you involved in the drama (and those who propagate taking sides) are clowns.

🤡

I think scanslator have right to leave. And ppl who accuse scanslator like JB are greedy is a bunch of toddlers who didn't know how scanslating works. JB use their own money to bought shounen jump raw weekly, and knowing how popular they are, they need to pay someone to buy them as early as possible so they can work on it. Scanslating is not cheap, even when reader cannot give any donation, they need at least to be thankful.

And IMO, no like button in MD give this drama a fuel. Most ppl too lazy to debate this assholes so if there's a like button at least scanslator can see how much they support they got. But loud minority being a jerk sounds like a majority when no one speaks up.
Remember why no drama in bato.to? maybe that's why.

Users who are viewing this thread