I Fell in Love, so I Tried Livestreaming. - Ch. 47 - All-out Burning

Dex-chan lover
@Adelle_4567

they seem to be fine with Bl/Gl ships

Sis, that's called "business yuri/yaoi"

It's actually an extended practice on asia's entertainment industry to flirt in front of cameras with close members of the same gender/sex. The reason for that is... It's kinda hot (?)

I'm gonna hide this explanation because it's kinda NSFW and my english isn't formal enough to make it pass as a serious article.
So instead of feeling like some asshole robbed their idol, fans feel like they could fetishize those same sex relationships instead. Think about it this way, it's the same principle behind people finding either FFM or MMF threesomes hot: if your partner(for fans their idols are idolized partners... Yeah, kinda fucked up) is banging someone in front of you that it's from your same gender, it's kinda like you are watching them cheat on you... But if it's from the opposite not so much.

Disclaimer: Yes, I know NTR is a thing. If there's people that get off to that it's an entirely different matter.

There's nuances to that tho: Same sex male members cannot be as upfront in this flirting, because asia kinda has an obssesion with the idea of dicks being that "unpure thing" and that makes it canonically more gross. In total opposition to that "virginity" or more specifically the hymen is a source of pureness. Female members on the other hand can even kiss without everyone making an scandal, and if there is that might even increase their popularity... A lot of this blatant flirting might just be treated as normal banter between women by most people and nice shipping material for hardcore shippers.

There's more stuff to cover there, but if you are even reading this you already have the gist of it.

For everything else, @ravi2000 's comment on the matter it's enlightning at least.

Fed-Kun's army
cdea4472-8266-45f3-a0a9-8ebd50f7ac2f.jpg

@TEU Yeah, idols definitely filled a hole in my life back when I was fan. I was very emotionally invested in idols, but not to the extreme extent of thinking I had any control over them (unfortunately, that IS how it's marketed though). It was just a fun thing to experience with other idol fans for me. I wrote a paper on it back in uni. and the creation, disappearance, and resurgence of idol culture in JP from the 80s until now has always matched societal trends there.

I actually think management for idol companies need to step in more when it comes to fans. Leaving the idols to fend for themselves just leads to victim-blaming (like some passive apology to fans when a member gets caught dating). Management should be responsible when they're the ones that set up the business model affecting fandom expectations. Even if one member speaks out, it doesn't clean the entire fanbase of toxicity when the company is marketed for those extreme fans. They'll just jump to another member. Management likely won't though since it'll cut into profits, so yeah I guess it's ultimately up to the idols

Dex-chan lover
@Ravi2000 "they are there for a reason" the reason being alienation and depression isn't a very convincing point

I have a family member whos a popular Virtual streamer and I hope to god she doesn't go through this because she lives with her brothers

TEU

Dex-chan lover
@bullmoose yeah... the main problem is how economically profitable keeping the pedestal is. And considering how niche idols are, specifically in Japan, management has no incentive to change the status quo. With the only 'good guys' remaining being the ones who let their idols fend for themselves, as hard as it may be, instead of the ones who actively suppress any effort to demystify the fantasy with overbearing contracts. The only ones who can more or less loosen up the grip a bit are the ones who break out into foreign markets, since they can have a larger support than they'd have if they were limited to just Japan. The only outlier being Korea, which for some reason seems to tighten its grip harder the more global it becomes.

Dex-chan lover
Fucking Idol Otaku. Scumbags who are so wrapped up in their own misogynistic fantasies that they think the idols owe them something just for being fans. Smh.

Double-page supporter
@TwoMane, just telling your audience you got brothers in the house is enough you know.
Matsuri brought her mom (not for the first time) and brother on stream recently. The chat loved it, especially when she started trolling her brother "you never called me Onee-chan before !".

Despite what people think, creeps are only a small minority of your audience. In the case of the manga, she just needs to tell it was her manager who was present during her first concert. Even idol otaku would understand that.

The sad thing about this is that this is happening in real life as well. Not only for VTubers, but for Idols as well. I swear to god "fans" pry in too much in the respective individuals daily life. I have a lot of favorite VTubers and idols and I don't mind one bit if they have a significant other, in fact I'd be pretty happy that they have someone to support them by their side at all times. If you are one of those "fans" prying too much into your idols daily life and private life, please fuck off and get a life. Go find yourself a partner and try experience the joy having someone to be there for you at all times not minding about your bad habits or anything :)

Users who are viewing this thread