I Want to Write or Co-Write a Webcomic

I have many, many years of writing up my sleeves, I am wanting to write for someone who is willing to breach any of these topics (or a few of them)

- fantasy
-- Urban
-- Medieval
-- High

- Pirates / Rogues
- Villainess
- Isekai
- Reincarnation
- School Life
- D&D / TTRPG Based
- Adventure
- Eldritch / Lovecraftian
- SCPs
- Horror
- Psychological
- Philosophical
- Religious
- Creating Worlds
- Creating Theongies

I have studied the following subjects:

- Philosophy (B.A.)
- Psychology (Minor)
- Criminal Justice (Minor)
- Religious Studies (Minor)
- Mythologies (Hobby and LOTS of classes)
- Public Health (Masters Classes)
- Guidance Counseling (Masters Classes)
- Literature / English (LOTS of Classes and Hobby)
- International Studies (Lots of Classes)
- Sociology (Lots of Classes)
- Nursing (Classes, Family in the Field)
- Writing (Lots of Classes, Hobby)
- LGBTQ+ (Experience with, and I am)
- Mental Illness (Experience with, and I am)
- History (I know a little bit about various countries)

Dex-chan lover
I have similar interests and would like to write one, two. I have a few ideas but they're all really niche

Contributor
I can see it now: Chapter 1 spends fifty pages describing the setting and atmosphere before the reader finally learns the protagonist's name.

Dex-chan lover
I can see it now: Chapter 2 spends fifty pages detailing the moral ramifications of the protagonist's father's actions before I drop it when I notice that the author uses "two" instead of "too".

Dex-chan lover
i can see it now: Chapter 3 spends fifty pages detailing how an eldritch god come down to the world making problem and stuff without any mention of protagonist whatsoever.
edit: i stand corrected, the eldritch god is the protagonist

Well, if fans really want me to go that route, I must surely show them the fluff of the century with as many minor yet major grammar errors as possible! XD LOL

Nah, just joking but thank you for your semi encouragement? XD

Double-page supporter
Oh god school life an rogue tags, edgy mode activated.

But still, sounds like a interesting idea, I just don't see this working as anything but a 1st person POV, I mean just look at Toaru.

Many years of writing? So you’re a pro I presume. Contact your local graphic novel/comic artist.

Group Leader
@LadyofKnives
You know... You could perhaps create a survival story about Mythologies and urban myths. Gonna be a bit hard but hey it could be pulled off. Heck, make it in medieval themed too. Kinda like "group of researchers get stuck in ruins of King Arthur's castle and is killed off one by one by the Knights of the Round Table and the killer's and victim's psychology or mindset is same". Seems pretty sick and would totally give it a read.

@Mangalover9000
That does sound like it could be interesting!

@4V29LN0n
I wouldn't say pro because writing is an art form that you constantly have to watch the interests of and can always improve, but I do sell writing commissions, and have gotten nothing but 5 stars from it from the few people who commissioned me. And by local, do you mean online or where you live (I do have Asperger's so I can't always define context, so I am asking for clarification~).

Double-page supporter
Something I'd love to do is write for a comic series! I've always loved comics and manga, but my drawings make me even shrivel in horror! I'm working on 6 different projects, I blend genres, try and do things differently. Usually focusing upon the Affects of Trauma or the Undergoing of Change, Hope in Seas of Darkness. I usually write Female protagonists, despite me thinking most nowadays are now tropish and the same. I write them strong, but they have a heart, all my characters do.
I've done almost everything, staying clear from weird stuff with sex! I haven't done Horror, Romance or Comedy, though all three are implemented sparingly in other stories! I've been enjoying more dramatic stories, as I'm veering from writing specific action-scenes as I heard somewhere it's better for the reader to visualize it. (Though that feels lazy)
Problem is, I've never published anything, the story I've carried furthest is One I will never publish until I can protect it myself. So my second greatest was a six year project which... Was grand to me, but I eventually dropped it. It felt too... On the Nose for the time... And while I loved it, I don't love that, and Hero Deconstruction is as boring to me now as Multiverses!
Genres I Enjoy Writing:
1. Fantasy (More a Blend of High and Dark, a strange middle ground)
2. Sci-Fi (Always difficult to slowly cultivate an original idea for this kinda thing)
3. Dystopian Drama (Usually mixed with something else, like Action!)
4. Sort of Sports (Working on a Modern Gladiator one... Well, I'm going too!)
5. Superhero (I wrote like 30 or so shorts way back, and was proud of em, nowadays I take it slower)
I do enjoy writing pantheons, exploring Godhood, as well as loneliness, and the power of love. And have tried a more RPG approach to a close story which has been in development for half my life! RPG I mean, it actually breaths, embraces it being a new world, with many problems, but problems which pertain to our star and his life.
I don't mind starting over, and reworking something. I roadmap nowadays to range the length and what I want from it, though I tend to veer. And if I have a cast I enjoy, the chapters are MASSIVE! Which could be a problem!
I don't delve into anything I'm not comfortable with though, If I feel something wrong, I'll rewrite until it's acceptable or not. And I used to be a lot more vulgar, and a bit more... let us leave it at Blue but, the hormones have settled XD! I do choose specific characterizations though which I know I'll catch flak for, but I enjoy the "Walking Contradiction", and I want that!

A current project I'm working on is what I consider the grandest of my personal stories. In that universe there's 3 central pillars in the Mid-Arcs, and they represent the series! Like when you think of it, you'll think of them. And I've struggled working with him, because he's such a reserved character, but one read of the Hobbit and you realize the best stories are of such lads being thrown out of their comfort zone and growing. Though, the first chapter is indeed a Dark Version of the Hobbit, I take time to make it feel it's own! And 11 chapters 180 pages, 105k words later, we have a Wizard and his group trying to free a Tribal people from thralldom under your usual lich-types, and an elf and one of his compatriots about to be executed afore the eve of their great escape from an even crueler servitude!
Another recent one I made, is a lovely one. A bit of a Dark Fantasy revolving about a Young Amazonian Woman traveling back to the land of her fiancé's father. To find it in disarray after invasion. A sort of trope story, and It's short, but her Trope Stoicism is mocked by her warmth, and silent questioning of herself. It takes time on her journey to show who her lover is, a strange guy who only met her because her brothers failed at wooing her. A lot more goofy than you'd suspect. And the ending chapter, reading it alone has to be one of the most bombastically trope-esque things I've written, but paired with everything else. It feels fitting. The driving force of her heart, saving her from death and seeing her put down her enemy upon the very stone her death had been deemed upon!
Sry, as you can see, once I start it's hard for me to shut up! 10 years does not make a writer for sure, college has aided me a bit as I've evolved my work into a far more suitable form. What's worse though, is looking at newer books nowadays. Makes my effort feel oh so foolish, but I won't give up! Plus If I do find that wacky artist with a mind like mine, we're gonna go places, god willing!
This is a three year old thread, so I hope you found someplace to show your skill! Never give up!

Users who are viewing this thread