I Will Live Freely in Another World with Equipment Manufacturing Cheat - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Dex-chan lover
so they aren't even trying to kidnap him to be used to supply an army but just to supply the 4 retards? such a waste of an extremely useful skill.

Dex-chan lover
Kobolds in original mythology were a type of capricious sprite/fairy

And I guess the hero party is fucked

Group Leader
@Doomer Not even that, they want him to carry the man-slut and his slutarage's stuff. They don't even know about the rest of his OP crafting skills.

Dex-chan lover
I'm kinda confused why they're actually looking for him. If the king/guards were able to see his skills, they never would've let him go, but if they don't know any of his skills, why want him specifically to be a pack mule? Just get some other stronger guy to do it.

@Salfaro
They probably learned about Touji's infinite Item Box from the adventurers or Guild Office. The Hero Group is more of a status symbol than to fight the Demon Lord, so having an endless arsenal to equip it with is a big deal. If they knew about Touji's other gaming skills, they'd have a fit and keep him enslaved.
This manga is about having the more mundane skill being the most useful.

I haven't seen an episode of the Hero Group and how they're struggling with their unbalanced team. Just two fighters, a healer and a mage. No tank to absorb damage, and definitely no support member for provisions, supplies and various weapons repair, maintenance and repair/replacement.

Dex-chan lover
Why the heck would he tell about his crafting skills too when the item box is the only reason he's being targeted

Nep

Dex-chan lover
I wasn't interested in this story but then the fox appeared.

All hail justice! cuteness!

Double-page supporter
@juntaksadis I think he stated once that he thought Meyer was cute, but beyond that, what makes you think that he's thinking with the little head?

Dex-chan lover
@Salfaro
Actually the adventurers probably didn't leak it, he was implied to be openly selling his services as a pack mule for at least a week before the king sent people after him, so honestly it was probably the mc himself that attracted the attention of the king.

Tbh his item box would be a severe op cheat even in the real world, imagine being able to transport a endless supply of weaponry without the need of ships or cargo caravans, he's essentially able to supply a army with weapons and food, just thinking about how op that makes him is enough for any nation to want him, even in peacetime.

Dex-chan lover
@Capt_Gigglepants You can blame the american Wizardry games for that mainly, but it was also likely inspired somewhat by record of lodoss war too, and early versions of dungeons and dragons had them as doglike, though not the same as the common conceptions.

The mythological kobold was a shapeshifter and could look how it wanted, but usually looked human or as a animal if it showed itself, though usually they stayed invisible.

Fed-Kun's army
Well, the Kobold IS cute tho.

@Capt_Gigglepants and @Tatsuya-Kai Not quite tho, the original known kobolds are house spirits that dont have a form in the first place, they are invisible, but may materialise as items (like feathers ect) or animals, in depictions they were often humanlike, but small, yes.
And while there was a version for ships as well as mines they dont seem to be "lizardly" in the beginning, the origin of that old germanic kobold seem to come more from other mythic creatures like hobgoblin. On the spot I couldnt find anything lizardlike, aside from the fact that fiery versions were called drakes, which would point to a dragon/lizard in todays point of view, so there may be indeed a connection in that field at least :eek:

As a Guy on his 30's i also would love a super power skills that can make me alot of profit.

Users who are viewing this thread