I Will Live Freely in Another World with Equipment Manufacturing Cheat - Vol. 1 Ch. 5

Aggregator gang
@amerak normallyi would be inclined to agee with you but in this case its using alchemy as basis so it would go from 10th grade (normal) to 1st grade (mythical)

Dex-chan lover
@Animeaddiction : when I checked the webnovel there are some chapters, but it is alphapolice, so anything that has been published is behind a paywall, as such I only saw a couple "hero" side chapters.
the last one seemed to have the man-slut, err hero, indicating the MC committed either a sin or crime by not reporting his skill, and leaving the country. But MTL is MTL

Dex-chan lover
Yoooo, that's too much oil for that small amount of flowers wtf

Dex-chan lover
Everyone, I'd like to have a mountain of kettles, please.
Also, does he have the power to steal store pantsu from everyone near him?

Dex-chan lover
Ahahahaha the normie heroes can just carry their stuff themselves. 🤣

and now we get to the part where his wanted poster already arrived and somehow has to sneak through

Dex-chan lover
@Silwith
The lizardlike/draconic kobold originates in dungeons and dragons 3E and later from what i can tell, again the term kobold in the historical sense doesn't really classify them as anything, but the dogman (and sometimes catman) kobold has stuck in japan mainly due to wizardry (insanely popular in japan), the D&D 2e and below, and record of lodoss war, considered one of the originators of modern fantasy tropes in japan, which in itself was based on a D&D campaign the story's creator had.

Fed-Kun's army
@Tatsuya-Kai Seems reasonable, japanese mythology didnt have the Kobold (tho there may be similar creatures with other names I guess), so it makes sense that it just comes from somewhere else. It is the same with other races, Orcs seem to be mostly Pig-men in japanese stuff, while they look more like sort of babaric humans with tusks in western depictions. (Even Elves sometimes, i dont think i have seen the hanging-ear elf in western depictions, its always the straight pointy ear, but in japanese depictions it differs between that and the pointy ones that go to the sides and look a bit hanging down :D)

I looked into the DnD thing a bit, and in Version 1 they were more like Goblins, which would indeed set them not too far from the real mythological background, but with a dog-like face, which would funnily place it on DnD (maybe like orcs as pig-faced, which is also a thing of early DnD), since the 1st Edition is a good bit older than Wizardry, but that in turn older then the DnD version in which Kobolds became relatives of the dragons :D

Dex-chan lover
@Capt_Gigglepants - Not true. Just like pig orcs, Japan did not create dog kobolds - Dungeons and Dragons did. Original basic D&D and 1st ed. D&D is where pig orcs and dog kobolds come from, and 1st ed. D&D was so popular in Japan that all western style Japanese fantasy works are descended from it. Then Warhammer created the greenskin brute orcs, which Warcraft adopted as well as started the "lizardification" of kobolds, all of which then got adopted by D&D 3rd edition and everything that's come after.

@sjmcc13
Sounds more like jealousy on the hero's part. The item box is really useful and is not as cumbersome as a carrying bag, especially in combat. You want something or get something? Just pull it out or put it away with a thought instead of rummaging about. The adventurers found out just how convenient it was and the heroes are stuck with carrying their own stuff or having someone else do it, both of which are cumbersome.
In regular games, everyone had an item box so nobody thought it was too important. Now in real life, if you're the ONLY ONE, with an Item Box, then you're OP.

I don't understand though how the royal family understood he has a cheat skill. I went back and read chapter 1 and they kicked him out immediately, before they appraised his magic talent or anything.

Group Leader
@OniiChanStopNotThere

Again, it's more than likely they heard about that skill, either by word of mouth by the adventurers, the guild or by the MC advertising it. They even knew he was a guild member when they came looking for him.
In the web novel snippets, apparently the current hero group isn't as strong as the previous summoned heroes or the heroes of the other nations. The problem is their supply train or lack thereof. They can't go very far into the dungeon to raise their levels, since the monsters keep on attacking their supply lines. Apparently a LOT of porters/luggage carriers for the heroes have died. The lead hero even accused the MC of not telling anyone of his cheat skill, and abandoning his 'duty' to him and his harem.

Users who are viewing this thread