Ibara no Uroko - Oneshot

Dex-chan lover
Parents, please let your children read fairy tales. It might help them in the future.
i mean other than entertaining animation back in the day idk how many ppl would take that as a metaphor/lesson or so versus just something to watch as a kid, versus a teacher in the school explaining a concept before telling them a fictional story or so

Reactions: le3
Dex-chan lover
Those cops are going to have one hell of a mystery on their hands:
"wait she drowned there? it was just days ago she mentioned having seen a mermaid at that spot!"
"my daughter looked up some suicide of another girl at that spot the day before!"
forensics: "uuh, the hair wasn't all we found. She also had he cheek ripped off her face by human teeth!"
"Hey, there was a notice to call in if we had witnessed anything about that case, yeah? I saw that girl standing by the shore seemingly captivated by something in the waters, and pulled her back to land and warned her about last years suicide (didn't figure out why someone else intentionally taking their life there made the spot dangerous, but still!) just 2 days before"
old school mermaid
More like Siren, though some types of mermaids had old-school lore like you mention (didnt jp culture specifically do so?), and iirc early christianity mermaids were depicted as such too (like how they did for pretty much any and all pagan folklore that wasn't needed to aid converting others (such as some saints being traced to pagan gods or spirits) and better vilified instead (due to not fitting nicely, or better if stamped out properly, or simply because the missionary in question had their own opinions).

Dex-chan lover
I don't really understand what exactly is the morale of these kind of stories. I have a hard time understanding what exactly is the message in this one shot?
Also, half human half fish is not real. If you see it, RUN! it's a trap! :oooo:

Dex-chan lover
I don't really understand what exactly is the morale of these kind of stories. I have a hard time understanding what exactly is the message in this one shot?
Fairytales are just that, fairytales. Reality isnt so nice that you get what you envision, so be careful and try not to be so delulu lol

Double-page supporter
So she as lured in and killed....

But from the final pages, are those her final thoughts? Her original wish? What happened after she 'died'?

Dex-chan lover
Beautiful dreams come to beautiful ends :glee:

(I loved this story, btw. One of the best stand-alone shorts I've read in a long time. Wish it could happen to me...)

Dex-chan lover
oh hell yeah. if a cute girl turned monstrous and killed me i would be pretty happy. rip to that girl but im different.

This took an entirely dark turn, i kinda wish we get more aftermath scenes, esp with her parents and schoolmates

Users who are viewing this thread