Ichioku-nen Button o Renda Shita Ore wa, Kizuitara Saikyou ni Natteita

Dex-chan lover
my guys really do be reading one chapter and then saying its bad LMAO

Haven't actually read it yet, and/or may just be missing something - - but either the title, or description is wrong, right?
One says a million years (the TLd name, and on first page anyway) and in description it says 100 million years....
Or am I just stupidly missing something obvious...?
I see at least another comment about this, but it's not been changed, so maybe I'm missing something.

Yeah, this is cool and all, but do you know what'd be even cooler? Actual character progression.

I read the light novel on and off it's a simple story basic anime protagonist stuff weak then gets strong in an Instant. An ok premise

am sure something bad related to the button will happen. thats why i am thinking of dropping this...
like.. someone will come and pick it up or so.

Supporter
I would love if the mc's mind would become old, reaaally old. If you spend 1 million years and you still have the mind of a teenager, your future looks bleak.

Dex-chan lover
just another way to obtain massive power. one million years? why even that long? would have been more interesting if it was like a month or so. actual character growth with such a time cheat, and since he left the button, we can already tell it's gonna be used again as a "plot hole placeholder filler". d'oh. art is fine, but story is non existant.

Fed-Kun's army
To be honest, this manga have a realy dumb premise (like wtf who would train several hundreds of millions of years and still stay sane), a mc that is foolish and selfish (he don't even understand that his own incompetence and stubbornness is actually a burden for his family), but hey it could still be fun since 1 chapter is not enough to judge.

I really hope they lean into the insanity aspect of this. It feels like he lost his mind entirely after a few thousand years, though he didn't seem to mature at all. Possibly this is due to the "If I concentrate I can make the flow of time speed up" bit, but without proper explanation, it just feels like a plot hole. If that is the explanation though as to why he could go through 100 million years so many times that he broke the button though, it would feel a bit cheap. The length of time he spent training matters little if you make it to where he skipped the hard part mentally.

Im just going to pretend author actually said 100 years. Its much less stupid and won't reduce the value of the rest of the manga; especially the part where mc is still kinda lowkey retarded after all that training

I think this is like stats in game like mechanic isekai, the numbers, or in this case time, doesn't really matter.
Later, he fights someone with actual talent and almost died if not for his evil side taking over.

So the creator took the concept of https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CN_eL5ukCbw and turned it into a backdrop for their generic trash.
Okay.

Aggregator gang
Man it is weird how differently they handle the million year button in the manga, compared to the novel. In the novel after being isolated for so long the protagonist basically feels like he's in hell. He keeps training because that is the only thing he knows how to do, but he swears an oath on his soul to kill the time hermit as soon as he escapes. Now this doesn't happen because another thing they changed is how the million year button will erase all your memories of the time spent in that other world after you leave. Which unfortunately allows the time hermit to trick the protagonist into hitting the button again.

Now here is where it gets really messed up, after going back to that world you regain your memories. When this happens in the novel the protagonist is overcome with total despair when he suddenly finds himself back right after just escaping. Now this next part is a spoiler because they skipped what happened during his second time after hitting the button, so they might still add it into the story somehow but...

Basically he goes fucking crazy and starts trying to cut the world, it takes a very long time but eventually he manages to cut through the world and escape, which also allows him to keep all his memories. Not sure how they can include this bit though because in the manga it seems as though he never loses his memories, and is not even that affected by it. The whole thing was very wishy washy in my opinion, the manga basically treats the protagonist like a block of wood, at least in the novel he goes insane like a normal person would.

Users who are viewing this thread