Ijiranaide, Nagatoro-san - Vol. 10 Ch. 74 - That's the kind of slide I expect from you, Senpai

Aggregator gang
I hope people don't get mad at normalfag being used here. But it's kind of crazy there is a translation/something similar to the term in Japanese culture no? Like I can understand it under the context of a westerner but I wonder if it's also in cultures like Chinese and Indian societies.

Also always wear helmets when you ski kids, I ate it so fucking hard last year because a child came out of no wear and still got a concussion with headgear on. I've been skiing for 13 years but can never underestimate how much a helmet protect you.

Dex-chan lover
@rtrtrt You're really big on projecting, huh? Unfortunately, the strawman behavior you seem to be so confident reflects reality exists merely in your head. Nobody is being insulting towards anybody when using the word "normalfag" or "namefag" or "newfag" or, if it's an actual gay person, "gayfag". It's just the local culture, with zero actual malice attached to it.

You're merely attempting to enforce your own shallow sense of morality on a group with their own firmly established cultural sphere who everyone understands involves a bare minimum shitposting feel, done in good humor. What you're doing here is not promoting anything resembling true progress but punishing harmless behavior and thereby creating enmity where there really didn't need to be conflict, fueled by cultural insensitivity and self-righteousness.

Stop going after shallow concepts like specific words and start learning to recognize actual hate, you brat.

@Ore I don't know what kind of fantasy land you live in, but literally none of the dozen or so experienced skiers I know wear a helmet, and all but a couple of them are fathers working in STEM fields so you're objectively wrong here, especially considering nothing really bad has happened to any of them on account of us all having properly been taught how to ski and pay attention to our surroundings.

I actually found snowboarding easier to learn than skiing, maybe he should give that a try.

Aggregator gang
new characters are introduced in the manga so they could be present in anime as well, since the story in the beginning is not paced or structured for anime adaptation.

Dex-chan lover
Senpai still can't stop adjusting his glasses even when he's wearing contacts

Aggregator gang
normies itt getting mad at translating 2ch lingo into 4ch lingo

Dex-chan lover
Kind of a weird spot to be introducing his friends. This whole time I thought he was a loner.

Dex-chan lover
What is there to even get mad at in "normalfag"? It's like getting mad at someone calling a cigarette a fag. They're different words. I wonder how people complaining would react to seeing variants like "straightfags" and "hetfags". Would they break down and throw off sparks like a cartoon robot being told "this statement is a lie"?
And as far as the word as a translation choice, riajuu to normalfag is about as reasonable as slang translation can get.

And of course people should wear helmets when skiing. Going without one is as dumb as skating or bicycling without one.

Fed-Kun's army
@Nikosgarofola
in Japanese, they are probably using the term riajuu which means someone who lives a normal fulfilling life (you know goes out has friends and girlfriend ETC.) it originated in the 2ch image boards. Normalfag originated in its western counterpart 4chan so it's quite understandable they use normalfag instead of normie which is more of a Tumblr thing

Users who are viewing this thread