I'll Become a Villainess That Will Go Down in History: The More Villainous I Become, the More the Prince Dotes on Me - Vol. 4 Ch. 19

Group Leader
Holy sh are you guys serious? The mother wasn’t that bad enough to warrant these “women” comments like I’ve seen worse villainess out there. It seems some of you are itching to degrade half of the population it’s truly disgusting
That's normal for this series' forum section. Despite the characters acting in line of their personalities, everything about them is criticized. All in all, this manga isn't exactly outstanding personally, but not terrible either.

Dex-chan lover
what a shock! the clearly manipulative queen consort was manipulative. But don't worry guys, shes not really bad, shes just drawn like every duplicitous female antagonist that ever existed in every manga.

Double-page supporter
Pretending to be uninterested in politics for years in front of kids just for this. Bet she was also the one pulling strings to make Will overconfident.

Dex-chan lover
No. That was her decision. Claiming it was his responsibility takes away from her agency.
I'm aware that it is a stretch akin to "Adolf Hitler's grandfather shares responsibility for the holocaust" and responsibility may be too big a word for it, yet it is undoubtedly a consequence of his actions, even if not, contrary to Alicia voluntarily deciding to donate her eye, an intended one, and it will influence how I'll see him from this point on.

Dex-chan lover
nawwwww i'm gonna flip out if will's gonna be some kind of a hidden boss afterwards altho i hope he strangle the consort's neck if she's still alive lmao

Dex-chan lover
I'm aware that it is a stretch akin to "Adolf Hitler's grandfather shares responsibility for the holocaust" and responsibility may be too big a word for it, yet it is undoubtedly a consequence of his actions, even if not, contrary to Alicia voluntarily deciding to donate her eye, an intended one, and it will influence how I'll see him from this point on.
I don't like playing the blame game, and I think that line of thinking is a red flag.

Dex-chan lover
classic moms of power, disinterested in making shit work and just want a sock puppet son

Dex-chan lover
The misogyny popping out after this chapter is alarming.
I'm afraid this comic explored outside the target demographic.
Please remember, when you curse out "women" you're also cursing out our dear villainess. And this woman you're infuriated by was written by a man.

Not that my lectures would do anything, but I hope some people come to reason and don't let their hatred slip out so carelessly.
it's not misogyny that mothers of kings and emperors try and manipulate their sons if they can do it under the father's nose, that's HISTORICAL PRECIDENCE and still exists to this day, but you can vote a mama's boy president out :dogkek:

Dex-chan lover
Good chap. It made me go and reread the bits of the story at the start where the king reaches out to Alicia, interesting that Will was booted out for his suggested reforms that would de-power the aristocracy to make the nation more powerful as a whole, and then Alicia's first response to "what do you think of this nation" was "this isn't a great country, because the aristocracy is too wealthy", mirroring Will's concerns. And then her second interaction with the king is mocking incompetent nobles (like the king's mother, though that might not fit entirely since this chapter alludes to that being a lie anyway).

Also, puts into perspective Will shouting at Alicia when she tries to skip magic levels. On that note too though, there's an interesting bit in this chapter, where Will mentions he could use magic at age 10, when it's "heresy" to use magic before age 13 (which Alicia notices), but he never mentions being considered a heretic (which I assume would have kept him away from the throne). I wonder if this is pointing towards the current king having implemented the taboo in order to hopefully prevent magic runaway accidents like what happened to his brother, by ensuring proper magic education, meaning he isn't a bad guy, and just got manipulated by his mom + realized it later.

Dex-chan lover
thanks for the chapter! andddd now that the king is wise enough he better make amends and exchange HIS eye with that of HIS brother
it's kinda shitty of him to be led astray and not make amends after he grew up and, if he's not dumb which i believe he isnt, make amends to the bro who supported him to be a wise unlike his bish of a mom

Dex-chan lover
Imagine getting bodied by a broad that only redeeming quality is her face, she just pushed those that already had animosity against him and he was that surprised when they came for him. He's lucky they didn't just cut his head in the court room.

Fed-Kun's army
If the nobles ever became dissatisfied with Luke, a faction behind Will could form, it's only natural she'd plot to remove him from the picture, as cruel as it is it's anything but irrational to remove that sort of threat. And Will knows it, that's why he called himself a fool, he played the politics very poorly.

Dex-chan lover
Hopefully the brother has since realized his mistake, and just had difficulty doing anything. He'd still be a POS for not helping his brother after he learned the truth, but at least that'd be better than being an easily manipulated fool who held no fondness for his brother.
Considering the brother is still exiled I'd assume not, we've also seen evidence the king is still bad at things. Remember he looked to a what 7yr old for national advice and we had that scene talking with his son 1 on 1. Seems to be semi incompitent still.

Users who are viewing this thread