I'm in Love with the Villainess. - Ch. 38 - About the Ceremonial Dance

Dex-chan lover
We're back!

Glad seeing Rei's emotional breakdown about Misaki. She's really personally invested in preventing a repeat negative outcome and that scene partially explains what this situation means to her. It's a second chance. Also makes the intended allusions of Yuu's story very clear (if it wasn't already obvious). The novels go more in depth there but didn't expect all of that to make it. Claire's hug there is also heartwarming.

Last edited:
Dex-chan lover
Misaki being trans and suffering body dysphoria to that extent was something I didn't see coming tbvh

Didn't make me all that more sympathetic to his behavior, but I suppose that does put a few things about the way Rae talked about her own past into perspective

Last edited:
Double-page supporter
Misaki being trans and suffering body dysphoria to that extent was something I didn't see coming tbvh

Didn't make me all that more sympathetic to her behavior, but I suppose that does put a few things about the way Rae talked about her own past into perspective
Even if a character (or real person for that matter) has done horrible things, that is no reason for misgendering them, and misaki goes most likely by male pronouns according to the translation, so please keep it in mind

Dex-chan lover
Even if a character (or real person for that matter) has done horrible things, that is no reason for misgendering them, and misaki goes most likely by male pronouns according to the translation, so please keep it in mind
You are correct, that was a lapse on my part bc I addressed Misaki with he on my other discussions about this chapter. Editing my post rn. Thanks for the reminder!

Contributor
It's kind of heartbreaking for Yuu to put on a strong face for the sake of politics even after she has made clear her wish to live in her natural body, as a girl. I expect Queen Riche to be the biggest antagonist in this arc considering (IIRC) it was her idea to get her daughter cursed in the first place to further her political ambitions.

Okay, that backstory with her backstabbing bullies on Earth had a darker end to it. Even though Misaki was suffering living as a girl, that was no excuse to be a despicable backstabbing bully.

I'm rooting for Rae and friends to succeed, I want to see Yuu restored to her natural body. Also I want to see Rod and Thane's reactions to learning they have a younger sister instead of a younger brother (assuming they don't already know).

Didn't make me all that more sympathetic to his behavior, but I suppose that does put a few things about the way Rae talked about her own past into perspective
Same, when I first read the 2nd light novel I didn't see Misaki being trans coming. It does make sense why Rae wants to save Yu from a similar fate.

Dex-chan lover
Rule 1: Transphobia is against the rules
I hate how the T’s try to basically justify the mother saying that forcibly turning her daughter into a boy was good and that it is great trans representation. Got I fucking hate the T’s (btw I’m an L)

Users who are viewing this thread