I'm in Love with the Villainess

Power Uploader
This series really goes off the rails pretty quickly. Was the author trying to make it stand out? The direction it takes is just bad.

Aggregator gang
The main character is gay. Like not even bi at all... so why was she playing an otome game in the first place? Do they ever explain her motivation for picking it up?

Dex-chan lover
I came back to this because I'd forgotten why I dropped it, started enjoying it again, then immediately remembered why I dropped it when I got to the incest massacre attempt. No, that is not hyperbole, previously fluffy siblings in this previously fluffy story attempt a massacre because they want to fuck each other. Holy shit it goes off the rails. It's not foreshadowed well, it's completely uncharacteristic, it doesn't make any logistical sense (how did Lene have time to fuck her brother as Claire's personal maid?), and it's one of the dumbest justifications for a plot point I have ever seen.

It's like the author had a stroke between chapters and never recovered.

Aggregator gang
The main character is gay. Like not even bi at all... so why was she playing an otome game in the first place? Do they ever explain her motivation for picking it up?
ngl as a lesbian i quite enjoy otomes for no reason, i may just enjoy romance in general. They are fictional unattainable men, they are not real and you don't have to project onto the mc to like a character

Aggregator gang
ngl as a lesbian i quite enjoy otomes for no reason, i may just enjoy romance in general. They are fictional unattainable men, they are not real and you don't have to project onto the mc to like a character
Oh that's cool to know. Like I'll play games like Boyfriend Dungeon but I'm bi.

But I don't know if asking for an in cannon reasoning for her picking it up is too much or not. Like we see her having no apparent interest in anything but yuri and this one Otome game. Maybe most people like Otome games in general and I'm wrong.

Fed-Kun's army
I see the "Adaptation" tag so this is an adaptation of the LN. Holy f***. Imagine what tags would be added when this catch LN vol 5.

Oh that's cool to know. Like I'll play games like Boyfriend Dungeon but I'm bi.

But I don't know if asking for an in cannon reasoning for her picking it up is too much or not. Like we see her having no apparent interest in anything but yuri and this one Otome game. Maybe most people like Otome games in general and I'm wrong.
In the web novel they tell you the canon reason she played the Otome game, although I'm not sure if it could be considered a spoiler or not since it's a bit far from where the manga is currently.

she play it bc it probably interesting and the Villainess in that otome game surely is hot as hell ...
and then she realize that she has enough of that bullshit straight romance. LOL
Villainess in any shoujo, otome type is technically more pitty than to be hated, you never have your own freewill to love what you want, who you want, you are destined to fall in love with a men for no reason, you're just a fiction character that already fill with hatred, jealousy and bound to do every evil jobs to gain the love from ... well, handsome male characters or something.

Fed-Kun's army
Are you a muscular stereotype character? So why are you playing Street Fighter?
No I think the guy has a point. Your comparison is kind wrong, because you can still be interested in martial arts even if you don't practice them. You can't really be interested in dating that isn't your type of dating yk. You're not going to watch an anime about gay people dating if you're not interested in gay people, or how they behave/how their brain functions. But an otome game wouldn't be fitting for that, and usually people play it because they're like me and can't talk to ppl irl. So, my point is, it kinda really doesn't make sense to play an otome game about relationships that wouldn't interest you.

Does someone know when is the next chapter? I just got in and I want to know so I don't get desperate lol

dont know if its considered spoiler since its explained in the start of the 2nd arc of the light novel, but basically rei was introduced to a yuri spin off of revolution by an ex girlfriend of her past life, and on that spin off claire was a side character, after that she started playing the original game because she took a liking of claire (sorry if my explanaition was a bit confusing)

Why in the story supposedly run in otome girl, then suddenly every character especially girl turn into gay... The only proper straight character is sibling, yes incest... Can we just get story like Gundam WFM where it was not all about The girl is gay, but about story where the MC is gay.. The way they suddenly add gay character just because it's gay manga, is like how easy the girl in harem manga feel in love with MC, well which for me cringe...

Last edited:
Why in the story supposedly run in otome girl, then suddenly every character especially girl turn into gay... The only proper straight character is sibling, yes incest... Can we just get story like Gundam WFM where it was not all about The girl is gay, but about story where the MC is gay..
Well this is actually that happen in Yuri and yaoi manga/manhwa tho, where everyone suddenly is gay then make the character that at first guy have twist that they love the same gender. Eh.. just my opinion, peace.

Does anyone know if Chapter 36.5 is going to be fixed? I know it's a filler Alice in Wonderland arc, but I was enjoying it up until it cut off after page 7 by jumping straight to 10... I might skip the rest to continue the story, but I was hoping it could some day be fixed.

Users who are viewing this thread