Infinite refresh occurs trying to open a manga from the front page on a phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought it might have been my spare phone being too old, but it happens on the new one too. There aren't any problems when opening in another tab instead of opening it in the current one. I'm using the Brave browser so there might be some kind of incompatibility?

Head Contributor Wrangler
Staff
Super Moderator
@Almirage What chapter, what phone? There are issues with incredibly large images crashing iOS devices.

Could very well just be your connection or the server hanging up when you try to refresh or change pages - happens to me all the time everywhere despite a solid connection, and sometimes my mobile data just decides my unlimited data isn't enough to keep me from being throttled. 👀

And yes, I use Brave - despite its advertising on having no ads, when I still see them all over the place, be it popups, banners or video ads.

@Noobmaster69_ ; About that...
I'm on an old version before BAT was even a thing, because their UI sucks ass before then.
So it's either because I have no BAT options, or sites I use have been whitelisting intrusive popup ads since then.
But we can move this convo to PMs maybe, since it's off-topic.

I also use Brave as my browser and have been experiencing infinite scroll pretty frequently. I never considered that my browser was the issue though. I also thought maybe bc my phone is an older model that could be the issue, but it also occurs on my laptop too, where I use chrome (albeit a bit faster). I dont think its my internet either as other sites load pretty quickly, so I'm wondering what is the cause of this- am I just using mangadex at high frequency times?

I just tried again and it appears to no longer be an issue. If not MangaDex's fix then I assume Brave browser updated and dealt with it or something.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread