Isekai de Cheat Skill wo Te ni Shita Ore wa, Genjitsu Sekai wo mo Musou Suru ~Level Up wa Jinsei wo Kaeta~ - Vol. 1 Ch. 2 - The Benefits Of Leveling …

basic japan isekai requirement the ml has to be a ikemen dreamboat
so the author gave us 2 chapters if drama before pulling a bait and switch to start his japanese isekai story
but somehow strange that the realy successful stories always break with that tradition

i swear this dude lost 50 pounds just from picking up the spear, but that transformation at the end tho 😂

2nd chapter reminds me of narnia and that one scene from percy jackson and the lightning theif with the minotaur

Always annoying when they feel the need to "improve" the MC's appearance like this. Either start out looking this way or commit to having a reasonable-looking character. *sigh* I'm not surprised, but I am disappointed.

@bobbityjack I agree with you but for different reasons. His new body doesnt look any less reasonable than his new one. Just because it's tone doesn't make it "unrealistic/unreasonable" and vice-versa for his fat body. I hate the fact they just gave him the body instead of him working for it.

Dex-chan lover
@kenreed honestly it's mostly his face and the fact that he got taller.

@bobbityjack They need a way for people to self insert on to him. Even if you work out, most people will NEVER be 6'3 with the face of a model XD.

I wanted him to be a chubby, kick-ass guy. Why did you do something so lame, Author? Whyyy???

i completely agree with @topa. It feels like a sell out to make the chubb man to be a buff man. Now there won't be an element of surprise when he fights someone in the real world (like no fucking shit a buff guys is obv gonna be strong)

Dex-chan lover
Oh come on, I want him to actually works out to be that ripped like Jin woo does, or at least the system makes it easier to work out like he gets tired less, etc

Fed-Kun's army
Unlike using magic, I don't think by training he could get that tall

Oh wow who could have seen that coming ? The protagonist became rich , super powerful and attractive in only his 2nd chapter. Why do I keep reading trash only to complain about it being trash

Double-page supporter
I wanted him to stay a fatty. Would have made it so much better if he was still a dumpling with crazy stats and then went to smack those bullies around.

Dex-chan lover
The premise was really interesting. Too bad the author just have to go with cliche 'Fugly turned into a hunk' trope again. Seriously, him turning into a handsome ripped dude just cements the idea about 'Being fat is a sin' and that's stupid (he wasn't even that ugly to begin with). It would be better if he remained fat and short just like he was while paying back to those looking down on him with his new found powers. That would be more interesting.

Users who are viewing this thread